Manhattan Plaza 550 CIP-IR ?????

twin turbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza 550 receiver, Traix 90cm dish and a Manhattan motor.
My Location
London United Kingdom
Hi Guys/ Girls

Will this be a good receiver to buy? or will you buy something else in the price range of about 214 pounds for a receiver. What cams/ cards will work with this model? Can this receiver be modded to receive all the channels there is to receive in the uk and if i take this back to my holiday home in South-Africa will i be able to pick up some satellites over there? If i get a bigger dish say a 3.8 M will i be able to pick up satellites for BBC channels from South-Africa?

Sorry for all the questions but please help me out here!

Thanks a lot.

PS: Nice forum, if not the best.

John

My Details for my home in london:

Region Latitude Longitude Elevation Greater London 51.560 -0.016 19 m

My details for my home in South-Africa:

Region Latitude Longitude Elevation Guateng -26.100 28.250 1666 m

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Wouldn't be my choice, but many owners swear by them, plus a receiver with integrated positioner which is also patchable is hard to come by these days. :)

Unfortunately I'm not really sure what is receivable in South Africa, certainly not anything beamed at the UK, you may of course find English language channels in other packages, but certainly not the regualr BBC, unless it is World or Prime. :)

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
twin turbo said:
Hi Guys/ Girls

Will this be a good receiver to buy? or will you buy something else in the price range of about 214 pounds for a receiver. What cams/ cards will work with this model? Can this receiver be modded to receive all the channels there is to receive in the uk and if i take this back to my holiday home in South-Africa will i be able to pick up some satellites over there? If i get a bigger dish say a 3.8 M will i be able to pick up satellites for BBC channels from South-Africa?

Sorry for all the questions but please help me out here!

Thanks a lot.

PS: Nice forum, if not the best.

John

My Details for my home in london:

Region Latitude Longitude Elevation Greater London 51.560 -0.016 19 m

My details for my home in South-Africa:

Region Latitude Longitude Elevation Guateng -26.100 28.250 1666 m
i have a st550 and is very very good sat box you can mod it i have at the moment with a trex cam and cerebro all of multi/tps/polsat/d+/premiere/cabo so you can get a lot with this box a lot are auto update aswell so no need to key it every day plus they have a hard drive aswell i have 160gig.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
don said:
i have a st550 and is very very good sat box you can mod it i have at the moment with a trex cam and cerebro all of multi/tps/polsat/d+/premiere/cabo so you can get a lot with this box a lot are auto update aswell so no need to key it every day plus they have a hard drive aswell i have 160gig.

Surely if it can be 'modded' then you dont need a MultiCam, just a card

twin turbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Plaza 550 receiver, Traix 90cm dish and a Manhattan motor.
My Location
London United Kingdom
Thanks Poeple, I bought the system and am reading up on how to install the dish as this will be my first installation, it looks pretty diffucult but with all the forum help i might get it right.

thanks once again.

Juan-dre

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
Channel Hopper said:
Surely if it can be 'modded' then you dont need a MultiCam, just a card
i use my trex cam because at the time manhattan didn't have au on polsat plus i also use it on my tm7755 and cerebro card will not work on the st with out a trex or other cam as it is ir.it can be patched but at the mo only polsat.cabo.multi.d+.tps.prem with cerebro, ONLY i wish all boxes were like that if only.