wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
1.2mtr Channelmaster Dish
Manhattan Plaza 3300 Receiver
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
I currently have a Manhattan Plaza 3300 i know its an old receiver but its been good to me and its still going strong. Last week i bought an irdeto cam and an AL Jazeera card ready for next season. Unfortunately the picture freezes in the receiver after 5 mins. Ive been told that the receiver probably needs the software updated but its not easy to find one for this model. A friend of mine has a Manhattan Plaza ST200 and a Technomate 1500ci which i can buy off them now my question is is the al jazeera card and cam likely to work in these receivers or am i wasting my money.
Im not very good at these technical details but would love for my al jazeera card to work

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Best thing is to borrow your friend's receiver and give it a try.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I have a technomate 1500ci and have used an aljazeera sport card and cam without any problems.

Never used a manhattan receiver, I did hear they work fine in the newer xt models.

wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
Is it right the information ive had, if the picture freezes then the receiver is either too old or the software needs updating or upgrading?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It could be either, or both.

Additionally the front end (the tuner and the associated chipset dealing with the signal processing) may not be compatible with modern broadcasts.

I would go for the TM1500 as well if you are not looking to store every channel on the arc in its memory. A very easy machine to use

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I still own and occasionally use a TM1500, it was a great little box.

wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
Can i just ask one more question, does it matter if i bought a receiver with Common Interface slots ( cam slots ) or a receiver with multi card reader. Would both work with my al jazeera irdeto card. I take it the multi card reader dont need a cam.
Im not very good at these things i got this card at present and im unable to use very frustrating

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Ideally you will want one with both.

I found that using cards in the card slot sometimes you would get the odd glitch where the picture would freeze for a couple of seconds randomly, I had this with an irdeto 2 aljazeera sport card in one of my receivers and using a cam stopped it.

Borrow the tm1500 from your friend and see if you like the receiver.

wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
I will like the receiver its just knowing whether the al jazeera picture will freeze in the cam like it has for me in the 2 manhattan receivers. I like technomate and the only concern i have is that the 1500 is discontinued so will there be software upgrade available for this product if the picture freezes. Ive contacted Manhattan regarding the receivers ive had and they basically said that these are discontinued they cant help they wernt helpful really and that disappoints me

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
The latest patch for these is 316p, I think, but I don't think the Al Jazeera glitching was fixed for this model. I may be wrong.
Here it is, try it.

_http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=tm1000&num=2

wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
Thank You. I am also interested in the Manhattan Plaza XT-CM and i may go for this model. Surely this model has still got the upgrades and software still available

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
You might be better off going for a tm5402hd receiver a lot newer box to receive support and software for.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
wa1es_4_ever said:
Thank You. I am also interested in the Manhattan Plaza XT-CM and i may go for this model. Surely this model has still got the upgrades and software still available

If you already have the CAM as you mentioned in your first post, why not try the machines on offer from your friend ? Buying yet another receiver at this stage would be a waste of money unless you are now looking for other features.

wa1es_4_ever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Fortec Star Dish
My Location
Neath, South Wales. UK
I have now tried a Manhattan Plaza XT-CM. This receiver has a cam slot and a card reader. While i tried the card and cam in the cam slot the same thing happens as the other two receivers where the picture freezes after 5 mins. But when i insert the card into the card reader without using the cam it seems to work fine. So i take it the cam is at fault