Manhattan ST350/Dragon CAM + Loader

tech51

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan ST350 PVR, 120Gb Hd, 80cm dish on Digipower DiSEqC motor, DragonCAM & Loader, Infinity Phoenix on Homebrew PC 2.4 Ghz 512 Mb RAM, 200Gb Hd.
I've got a Manhattan ST350/Dragon CAM + Loader & an Infinity USB. I'm quite new to digital Sat so I'd apprreciate it if anyone could let me know what files go where on the loader card. I've got .bin files andd .dra files but don't know where to load them onto. Do the .bin files go to the external eeprom and the .dra files to the PIC?

Thanks in anticipation

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi tech51,
it would have been better if you had started a new thread, as these type of posts get lost in old threads. To answer your question, it is relatively easy to update your Cams firmware with your programmer, depending on which loader card you have, PIC based or Fun7, (Fun 7 willl be written on it).
The latest software for your programmer is 1.50, you can download this software from:
_http://www.infinityusb.com/default.asp?show=productsdetail&ProductID=7
If your not sure which card you have you can switch on your programmer, insert your card, chip face up, and let it auto detect it. For Predator software try:
_http://www.dragonmodul.com/

_http://www.satellitekinder.com/

If your card is a Fun 7:
In your programmer choose PrussianCard5, or DragonLoderCard(AVR), both are Fun Card7.

1. Load FUN7LDR.HEX into Flash.Click onto folder icon and navigate to C: Unzipped Predator 321.

2. Load predator321.bin into Ext. EEprom and choose option 2 for splitting the file.

3. Write.
If your card is a PIC based card:
1.In your programmer choose DragonLoderCard(PIC).
1. Load predator321.dra into Ext. EEprom and choose option 2 for splitting the file.
2. Write.

Once your card is written you must follow the next set of instructions correctly to avoid damaging your Cam, print them out if required:

Make sure your receiver is tuned to a FTA (Free to Air, not scrambled) channel, I use BBC world, turn off your receiver.

Insert the programmed card into the Dragon module, chip face up. Insert this into your receiver and turn on the receiver.

If your cam is already in your receiver, which it usually is, tune to a FTA channel, like BBC world.

Turn off your receiver, insert loader card chip face up, and turn on your receiver.

Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.

In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".

Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual progress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....

When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module, and switch off and turn back on the receiver.

I hope this helps.
If you experience any problems please post back.
Best wishes

Mickha

Edit
Have split it for you seemed worthy