Manhatten HH120 gone AWOL

djohnson2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM, Manhatten HH120, Triax 1.1m DIsh
I have a Manhatten HH120 and it has gone to its end stops and will not come back regardless of what I do (go to home position, move motor, ...). It is now pointing well East at a strange angle and I can receive nothing.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know what I can do to fix it (short of a big hammer).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are there controls on the motor body?

djohnson2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dear rolfw

Thanks for the quick reply.

As far as I can see there are no controls on the motor body and the manual makes no reference to any.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just had a look at the manual online, I presume that the two features either side of the "F" connectors are screws then.

The only way out may be to try moving the motor with a different receiver, or to reset yours and start again, the motor could well just be lost.

djohnson2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tried several receivers, inc a Dreambox, but all refuse to move the motor manually so I do not think I will be able to do it from a receiver (but just in case how would I go about it?).

Just spoke to Eurosat as they are listed in the manual and they do not know why it should be stuck.

Their advice was it may be the load of the dish stopping it (altough a HH120 is supposed to go to 1.2m) and to take it off. Not likely to do this as it will throw everything out, will have to get the people who installed it back as the goods must be faulty.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly sounds like it's jammed, yes get the people back.

vinny048

Reaction score
djohnson2 said:
I have a Manhatten HH120 and it has gone to its end stops and will not come back regardless of what I do (go to home position, move motor, ...). It is now pointing well East at a strange angle and I can receive nothing.

Has anybody had a similar problem or know what I can do to fix it (short of a big hammer).

I had this with my Manhatten HH100 (think it was 100), wouldn't go past 19e, got a replacement motor (Moetck), opened motor up & checked that everything was in order, ie; no cogs jammed etc, put back together tested it & it works fine.

Maybe if you have easy access you could take it down & give it a go, it may not work but its worth a go.

Let us know how you get on.

djohnson2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
The engineer came and disconnected the cable to the receiver from the motor and was somehow able to move it (he was somewhat vague on this point).

I can not see how what he did made a difference as I had already taken the lead out of the back of the receiver and it had done nothing. Perhaps he also removed the LNB lead?

On USALS, if I have it set up for one receiver and want to change to another does the motor remeber the settings or do I have to put the new receiver on say Thor that had been set up on the other one and do a recalculate (new one is a Dreambox 7020). I would appreciate an answer as otherwise may be stuck using old one to move and new one to watch.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
djohnson2 said:
The engineer came and disconnected the cable to the receiver from the motor and was somehow able to move it (he was somewhat vague on this point).

I can not see how what he did made a difference as I had already taken the lead out of the back of the receiver and it had done nothing. Perhaps he also removed the LNB lead?

On USALS, if I have it set up for one receiver and want to change to another does the motor remeber the settings or do I have to put the new receiver on say Thor that had been set up on the other one and do a recalculate (new one is a Dreambox 7020). I would appreciate an answer as otherwise may be stuck using old one to move and new one to watch.
Hi
I have used these motors and have never given me any trouble the last few years. The top of the motor comes off. The part that the top bracket of the dish clamps to. If you let go that clamp see if it freely moves around. It might have got a bit jarred. Lift it off and put some vaseline inside it. If this is ok, I would try resetting motor to default in the menu. If you change receiver, yes you will have to reset all memory for sats on new receiver. I would have a go at opening it up. How old is it.

djohnson2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
It's only been put up for two weeks (don't know how long the shop has had it).

After the man has been I can get from 28 east to 5 west but so far have not tried going further yet as don't want it to get stuck again.

Unable to strip it down myself as it will invalidate the warrnaty period from the shop that put it up.

Left it on Hotbird and put a Dreambox 7020 on it, told it USALS, Hotbird and recalculate but it fails to even move the dish at all. Will search 7020 forum or pots there to see if others have a similar problem.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
djohnson2 said:
It's only been put up for two weeks (don't know how long the shop has had it).

After the man has been I can get from 28 east to 5 west but so far have not tried going further yet as don't want it to get stuck again.

Unable to strip it down myself as it will invalidate the warrnaty period from the shop that put it up.

Left it on Hotbird and put a Dreambox 7020 on it, told it USALS, Hotbird and recalculate but it fails to even move the dish at all. Will search 7020 forum or pots there to see if others have a similar problem.

I dont use usals, I manually put in the sats and store them. Your motor should be ok so if its only 2 weeks old. Dont open it so as there is a seal around the casing and they will know if you open it so. I would try and get it to move from 30w to 45e freely now as you can return it while it fresh in the installers head.