Mannhattan Skyline 3000 or technomate 5000 2ci

soapysoap

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just getting into this satellite m'larky after mucking about with O* D*G and was after a bit of advice. I'm considering one of the above recievers which are both supposed to be patched allowing 6 in 1 cards to be used via a cam. Are these patches reliable, and an upgrade from standard frimware or are they just standard? Can these patches be potentioly upgraded if probs arise? What cam do I need (i've seen some advertised stating Irdeto or Irdeto 2 should be used). Any advice would be really appreciated (who to buy from etc)
Thanks
Soapy
If I've posted this in the wrong forum apologies in advance.

phil835

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi 'Soapy', I can only make comments based on my own experience. I currently own a manhattan 6800 with embedded irdeto eurocam. This model is very similar in design and functioning to the manhattan 3000. The manhattan 3000 has no embedded cam and retails at around £150-£200 GBP. A suitable cam will probably cost you around £100 extra. I have heard it said that an irdeto 2 cam will work with this receiver. I would personally go for a magic cam v1.04 and loader, available as cheap as £125 (if you shop around). This magic cam will work with all encryption systems found on 6 in 1 files as well as Conax and No Zap (if you like that sort of thing). It is said to work OK with the 3000. (Always remember to check compatability between cams and receivers, there are many known problems so do your research before you match any two products.)

I sometimes have regrets about my purchase and wished I had played safe by buying a Humax 5400 Patched receiver. You can decrypt just about anything with this box, in no small part due to it being the best supported receiver on the net. It is standard kit for just about every serious satellite 'hobbyist'.

When retailers tell you that the 3000 model is patched, it isn't modified by the retailers, it is standard kit as shipped by the factory. This misinformation is misleading to consumers. The humax 5400 is indeed patched in the true sense of the word, as the patch is done by a third party and not the manufacturers.

When you add up the costs of buying separate cams etc, you may start to think twice about this route and consider buying a receiver with an embedded cam which will work on the encryption systems you are interested in.

I can't comment on the technomate as I have no experience of this receiver.

Hope this has been of some help.

soapysoap

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the sdvice. My m8 got a manhattan 5900 with an embedded magicam and its been sent back twice due to probs with the embedded magicam. Is this a one off with embedded magicams and can you upload the most recent magicam software to the reciever.
(have seen a skyline 300 with Irdeto 2 cam for £200 and the 5900 is £250 so its probably between them two now rather than the technomate.)
Cheers
Soapy

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If I could just add a point I posted elsewhere, the embedded magicams in Manhattens have been subjected to ECMs and this is why they often fail to work.

benuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satilles & computers
hi can someone tell me where I can upgrade the Mannhattan Skyline 3000 plzzzzzzzz

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Upgrade to what ? (toaster, art deco lampshade, fetching pair of ear-rings )