marix reloaded cam

C

CHEEF

i have now purchased a matrix reloaded cam , funcard 6 and infinity programmer. could someone please educate me as to what to do next, ive looked on the programmer help site and has so far managed to install the programmer and got it to detect the right card .im am now slightly confused as what to do next, ive saved the 1.03 software , it comes in three sections what do i do next ,do i put them all on at once , if so which sections where? ive also got the hex to dec software, is this needed, do i put it on the card?. im totally lost all i get on my hyundi hss-800ci when inserting card is "opening"," downloadin" then "cable removedor baud rate to high for this stb" . HELP!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Mine came pre-loaded Cheef, so will have to have a look and see what the loading procedures are.

Looks like all you do is load the flash file and the first Eeprom file onto the card, start the programming then when the CAM prompts for the second file, put that onto the card and insert again. There are instructions with the file.

What I would add though and this is for everyone, if all you do is look for the cheapest deal, you will often be disappointed with the product and subsequent service. If you'd have bought the MR from somewhere like Toecutters, not only would the unit have arrived ready for use (preloaded) and have the benefit of ongoing almost instant support, but also you would have been supporting the development of the new software.

C

CHEEF

sorry i thought a cam was a cam , like any other product. im still confused though . do i first put the flash file to the flash file header ,do i also put it to internal eprom and external eprom or just the one, same with the other two files which is the first and second. how do i know if its preprogrammed?. do i do anything with the hex to dec programme is this needed? why dont they send instructions with it im gonna have to have a word..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
CHEEF said:
sorry i thought a cam was a cam , like any other product.
I'm afraid that you cannot treat any of these type of products as any other product, they demand a certain amount of user knowledge and very often are supplied in their raw state, with no capabilities, this is the reason why I suggested in an earlier thread that people buy from somewhere like Toecutters.

Go to the Sticky thread at the top of this forum, click on the lefdata CI link and then navigate down to Matrix Reloaded, there are files there and complete (and quite detailed) instructions.

Alternatively you can also download the file from Toecutters which once loaded willl need no further keys etc.

C

CHEEF

ive now programmmed it do i now just put the appropriate codes on it , does nagra still auto update without card??

Richi0000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2800Mhz
Hi to all, somebody did resolve a probleme to Update MATRIXCAM, with windows XP (error code 10). I need a driver for it can recognise (DreamMagic.inf didn't work "no information about your material"). Thx for help

The Sandman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lemon 01CI
Matrix Reloaded
Fun Card 5
My Location
Malta
Hi everyone, I have read the articles but found no direct information for my problem :( !
I have a Matrix Reloaded Cam, which for some time I have been upgrading with new firmware via the Laptop procedure. My problem is that I have upgraded the cam with a renamed, Matrix Revolution firmware (MRrev 2.00) :-doh!.
My actual problem is that I can't revert back to an appropriate MR firmware:confused . The laptop software comes back with an error with cam and asks to re-insert cam (which I have tried for a number of times with no luck).
Is it possible to re-format the cam to its original state with a laptop's PCMCIA or would I need the cas interface?

One last thing is to ask if there is any other software for upgrading via laptop apart from the UCAS loader V1.3? If not, where can I get the technical information needed to progam one myself (with Visual Basic preferably)?

Thanks for reading my long questions and for all those posting the previous replies I have read!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum The Sandman

The Sandman said:
Is it possible to re-format the cam to its original state with a laptop's PCMCIA or would I need the cas interface

My understanding of this problem is that you will need a Cas interface.