85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
Hello People,

I have read the idiots guide and implemented the recommended solutions after doing lots of searches but still I am not able to marry my sky card with my dreambox 500s. The configuration is as follows.

Location - Prague, CZ

Satellite - 85cm dish, 3 LNBs. Sync with 3 satellites viz Hotbird 13e, Astra 19e and astra 28e - I can see channels on each of the satellite so positioning of satellite dish is not the issue here.

System - DB500s running Gemini 4.2. EMU is CCCam 2.0.5 and is setup as the default cam.

Sky card - It is a valid card (have tested it in a digibox) with the yellow house on its face and I am inserting it the right way (chip down) in my DB.

I have tried the basic trouble shooting by restarting the cam while I am on the scrambled channel, left the card in the box powered on for 2 whole days and tried to reset the DB too... but I still cannot get to see the channels. I can see the FTA stuff on bskyb though, which I could even without the card!

Is there a way I can see if my card reader in DB is operational i.e in enabled mode?

I though have a feeling that it is more of the cccam not able to see the card or not told to see my card slot at all...

Any suggestions?

Regards,

babetko

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I don't know if this might help, but you can try installing the latest CCcam 2.0.8 instead of CCcam 2.0.5

babetko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
mhku said:
Try installing the CCcam Info plugin to see if CCcam can see your card.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-plugins/121941-plugin-para-gemini-cccam.html

Hi mhku,

Thanks for the link, I will try that but not sure if it is going to give me any more information than what I get when i go to http://my-db-ip:16001

I can see on the cccam server page that it is seeing the card and the type of encryption plus the provider bsykb!

I will still try to install the plugin, maybe it will give more detailed information regarding the errors in reading the card if any.

will let you guys know the outcome.

Cheers,

Babetko.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
If you still have this problem, sometimes reflashing with a new image might help.
A certain updater is known to mess up the box's image which might make it function not as expected.
I hope that your 500S is an original box and not a clone.:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It does the same - it just means that you can do it without a PC.

What channels are you expecting the FTV card to open that it doesn't? I think it will only open Five, Sky Three and CH4.

What are the dates on the Entitlements?

babetko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
mhku said:
It does the same - it just means that you can do it without a PC.

What channels are you expecting the FTV card to open that it doesn't? I think it will only open Five, Sky Three and CH4.

What are the dates on the Entitlements?

I have subscribtion for sky family+sports package and I cant see them on my db500s

The entitlements dates as of yesterday were 11-04-2008

babetko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
HB13DISH said:
If you still have this problem, sometimes reflashing with a new image might help.
A certain updater is known to mess up the box's image which might make it function not as expected.
I hope that your 500S is an original box and not a clone.:)

hmm... so you reckon I should do a factory reset and start from the scratch? I have the latest image and yesterday upgraded my cccam to latest version too but still no luck..

And yes my db500s is an original box and not a clone.

Cheers,

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
babetko said:
hmm... so you reckon I should do a factory reset and start from the scratch? I have the latest image and yesterday upgraded my cccam to latest version too but still no luck..

And yes my db500s is an original box and not a clone.

Cheers,

This is what I would do in order to eliminate any "bugs" in the system.
My advise is to scan gradually, starting with the satellite that is giving you the problem (28.2E?) and once you get it sorted out, scan the other satellites.
Perhaps the are too many channels stored already in the box from those three satellites and causing a memory problem.
Good Luck. :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
11-04-2008

Suggests to me that the card is not active. Is your subscription up to date? Does it work in your sky digibox?

Are you clearing Channel 4, Five or Sky Three?

babetko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
mhku said:
Suggests to me that the card is not active. Is your subscription up to date? Does it work in your sky digibox?

Are you clearing Channel 4, Five or Sky Three?

I was under the impression that the entitelments would get updated once a month so thought the date stamp to be ok.

I did try it in the digibox around that date though and it worked in the digibox. I had borrowed the digibox from a mate who has left for UK since then.. so cant really test it again.

As for channel 4,five or sky 3 nope none are getting cleared. Only channels that are getting cleared are the FTA stuff on 28e like BBC, BBC parliament news, some teleshopping channels and other international channels.. The same stuff which I could and can watch without the card in the box.

Cheers,

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Channel 4, Five or Sky Three will all work with a working card (subscription or not). I'm not an expert on sky cards so maybe someone else can comment on the Entitlement date.

Did you test it in a digibox prior to 11.04.08? If CCcam is running and can read the card but Channel 4 isn't clearing then I wonder if the card is inactive or has been de-activated by Sky.

Try tuning the Dreambox into Sky Three and leave it overnight with the card in and CCcam running.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-500/105454-keep-alive-signal-question.html

charly20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium
I have a Sky FTV card running in CCCam 2.0.8.

Here are my entitlements at the moment:

card reader /dev/sci0
handled 0(0) ecms and 4(4) emms
Nds card xxx

Entitlement info
b766 17-06-2008
b765 17-06-2008
b773 27-05-2008
b860 17-06-2008
b772 27-05-2008
001d 17-06-2008
b8c0 27-05-2008

Without pairing/marrying the card you should definitively see Channel 4, Five, Fox News and Sky Three.

It is clear to me that your entitlements are expired.

Solution: leave your receiver on, with the card in and on Channel 4. Leave it up to 24 hours, without zapping and without turning it off.

From experience, I know it takes many hours for the card to be re-activated.

Good luck.

babetko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm Dish
Dreambox 500HD
Gemini 5.0
1TGB HDD
Ubuntu notebook.
My Location
Czech Republic
mhku said:
Channel 4, Five or Sky Three will all work with a working card (subscription or not). I'm not an expert on sky cards so maybe someone else can comment on the Entitlement date.

Did you test it in a digibox prior to 11.04.08? If CCcam is running and can read the card but Channel 4 isn't clearing then I wonder if the card is inactive or has been de-activated by Sky.

Try tuning the Dreambox into Sky Three and leave it overnight with the card in and CCcam running.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-500/105454-keep-alive-signal-question.html

Ok, so after leaving the card in the db for more than 3 days I now have C4, C5 and other stuffs but none subscribtion ones. I have a feeling that the guy who borrowed me the card has got the subsribtion cancelled though he claims otherwise.

Thanks to you all for helping me out here.

Cheers,

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
most probably - no need to marry the card to the dreambox, not even with a subscription. just use cccam and set as default emulator. cccam will keep the card alive, provided the subscription is still active, else the card will be downgraded to a FTV card and will clear C4-Five and Sky Three only, what seems to be the case.....

xXGJSXx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S, 24/7 BT Router and Windows XP PC. Plus Setanta (UK)
My Location
Lancashire
Can anyone explain what the entitlement codes mean? I have a S*y card and subscribe to setanta all the enititlements seem to update ok with CCCam 2.0.9 except these 00b, 003 and 001d which are stuck on 29.08.2008. All others show 14-18.11.2008.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are those Setanta? If the date has expired they haven't been renewed- do all your sub channels still clear OK?

xXGJSXx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S, 24/7 BT Router and Windows XP PC. Plus Setanta (UK)
My Location
Lancashire
mhku said:
Are those Setanta? If the date has expired they haven't been renewed- do all your sub channels still clear OK?

Yes all the channels seems fine setanta sport 1 2 golf etc, except NASN the american sport one that is just blank.

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Did anyone work out what entitlements 00b and 003 were for in the end?

I can see them on a card I got from eBay, they're still in date but I can only clear FTV channels.

Does anyone have an up to date list of the entitlements codes?

the only one I can find is years old now.

thanks