matrix or dragon cam

bri-sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
force 1144 receiver, 80cm dish, 0.3 lnb, cryptic motor.
My Location
Manchester
hi guys,
I've decided to buy a cam (revolutions, reborn or dragon), i've seen matrix cams for between £30 & £40.
Bearing in mind i have no experience using programmers is it still worthwhile paying an extra 40 or 50 quid and getting a dragon or t-rex cam?
From what i can see, they all seem to descramble the same channels but the dragon is better if your into programming, is that right??

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
As things stand at the moment, I would say of the 3 cams you mention then the dragon is the best buy. It does come with a simcard which will give you 9 months access to two mature content channels (unless you don't want those). It will allow you to watch French TPS and Multivsion and a few other channels from time to time. It also emulates most encryptions so that an official card can be used in the cam.

Of course other (patchable) receivers will do similar things but if you do not have an inbuilt cam which is patchable the the dragon will be ok.

sambrook

Reaction score
I would go for the Dragon now called T-Rex. The Dragon Team give better support.
Matrix just keep coming up with new cams Reload, Revolution and now the Reborn and drop support for the older ones.
But, you will need a card programmer for the Dragon loader card or a Cas3 if you want to programme the cam directly, only a Cas3 can do this at the moment, I believe.
The Matrix cams can be programmed with Fun cards or in cam programmer.
Hope that helps.

lotar79

Reaction score
sambrook said:
I would go for the Dragon now called T-Rex. The Dragon Team give better support.
Matrix just keep coming up with new cams Reload, Revolution and now the Reborn and drop support for the older ones.
But, you will need a card programmer for the Dragon loader card or a Cas3 if you want to programme the cam directly, only a Cas3 can do this at the moment, I believe.
The Matrix cams can be programmed with Fun cards or in cam programmer.
Hope that helps.
I've been using both Matrix Revol and Reload cams and I'm fed up setting the default key every 10 minutes on the CI Menu. It never seemed to make any difference whether or not I updated the TPS AES key - they just went on freezing. Now that's all irrelevant anyway and I'm about to buy a Dragon. I use a CAS3 for updating so do I understand from your comment that I will therefore not need the Dragon loader card?

Regards

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i think you need a loader card for the dragon m8 and if you buy from a good dealer you will get it with the cam and also you will get a free mature content card too happy viewing
icon10.gif