matrix reborn programming

christy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
p4 2600mhz
My Location
italy
please,can anyone tell me how to programme the matrix reborn.I tried with mrv116a,b files,but not functioning.do it need a xilinks update?

thankyou

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum christy

May I suggest you have a look at the dedicated section for MM MR MRV by clicking here If you still have problems post back and someone will help you

christy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
p4 2600mhz
My Location
italy
thanks for the reply,I read the section that you directed me,and also I can understand it.But there is no reply for my problem.can you please tell me what should I exactly do to prgramme the mreborn.thankyou

dp_black

Reaction score
Having problems with the Matrix Reborn too.

Had bought it new and flashed it with MRT 1.15b using CAS loader and PCMCIA on my laptop.

Now trying to program to MRT 1.16a but the laptop doesn't want to know the unit and the loader won't recognise it.

I can still program my friend's MRev fine so I know the laptop and loader soft are all fine.

Any ideas anyone?

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
Hi guys,

This is first post in this forum :)
I want to buy a matrix cam but in doubt between a matrix reloaded or reborn. I have been reading in this forum that you can't program the reborn straight from a laptop, is that rite? I don't want to buy a cas loader (too expensive), so if reborn cams can't be updated by a laptop, I will just by a reloaded, as mrb300 seems to work on it as well. Btw, on gxmax.com on the matrix reborn section were you can find the mrb300 files, you can also get the pcmcia ucas loader for the matrix. Does this mean that it is possible to program the reborn with a laptop?

Thanx very much in advanced!

GoldKat

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
goldkat said:
Hi guys,

This is first post in this forum :)
I want to buy a matrix cam but in doubt between a matrix reloaded or reborn. I have been reading in this forum that you can't program the reborn straight from a laptop, is that rite? I don't want to buy a cas loader (too expensive), so if reborn cams can't be updated by a laptop, I will just by a reloaded, as mrb300 seems to work on it as well. Btw, on gxmax.com on the matrix reborn section were you can find the mrb300 files, you can also get the pcmcia ucas loader for the matrix. Does this mean that it is possible to program the reborn with a laptop?

Thanx very much in advanced!

GoldKat

M8 don't buy a reloaded since it is an old CAM and now over two years old. There is no more official support to it. Reborn is the new CAM which came out in January. You can upgrade with Lappi no problem.

The soft mrb300 runs on reloaded but only on D+ and will crash on all other channels.

If you put on mrb300, new soft for reborn, you have to flash the ucas version 3.2 first. Read textfile.
When you buy it from the shop it will have ZCAS on it. You can load it with the MR T 1.116d right away. Works on all channels but not on D+ (30W)

If there are several official Matrix teams now no idea. Since Saturday this new mrb 3.00 came out. The other source was called A-TEAM so far and their soft was called MR T soft.

Hope that gives you the clue now:)

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
Thanks for ur quick response.

I thought you couldnt program the matrix reborn with lappies as you said that in one of your post on the 16-07-2005:

------------
You have a PM !!!!

I just wanted to send you a PM for the Reborn Soft site but you do not have PM aktivated or something is not working.

Yes you are right about the 225 and I noticed that but I thought you got mixed up with the reborn soft because the latest one there is MR T 116. But since you wrote mrv it was clear you have revolution soft on it.

You need a cas to change to reborn soft. It will not work with the lappi. Lappi works for MR and Mrv soft ok but if you want to go to reborn soft you need a cas now. After reborn soft is on the cam you can use a laptop again for reborn soft.

Claasi
------------------
Why is it possible to program reborn cams with laptops now??

Do i need any drivers for my laptop so that it recognises the reborn cam? Where can i find them?My laptop recognises my Aston Cam 1.05 as a DVB CA Module. This means that it should recognise the reborn cam with no problems rite? As i have read somewhere that some laptops aren't compatible with the cams.

Thanks again

GoldKat

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
oh btw forgot to say. I'm spanish and will want to program the mrb300 to watch D+. Can I flash the ucas version 3.2 with my laptop as well? I wouldn't want to get a cas loader.

Thanks again

GoldKat

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Hi Goldcat,

PM seems to be deactivated for all folks. Used to work some time ago.

Ok first of all the Matrix CAMS can all be flashed with Lappies. The difference to the REBORN CAM, and as you refer to in my comments, is that the RELAODED and REVOLUTION CAM have UCAS and not ZCAS.

Now as you can see in the readme text for mrb 3.00 you have to first change the REBORN cam from ZCAS to UCAS 3.2 in order to use a lappi or Fun cards for programming. For this you flash the UCAS 3.2 upd file first then mrb 3.00
In case of a CAS Interface it does not matter if you have ZCAS or UCAS since you just have to programm the bin file with the soft 3.00

So perhaps you now understand what I ment in my comments. Laptop method only worked with UCAS soft MR or MRV. If you wanted to put REBORN soft on MR or Mrv you needed the ZCAS which is part of the MR T Soft. After a MR or MRV CAM was programmed with the bin file MR T Soft then it was ok again to programm MR T soft on a MR CAM or MRV CAM.

Hope you can follwo me !

Yes some lappies have problems with CAMS. Mine worked fine so far with all MATRIX CAMS. The driver you need is called mr_by_pcmcia which also works for REBORN CAMS.

I have still got an old CAS 1 Interface which takes an hour to program but I can always got back and forward between UCAS and ZCAS. IF you programm your REBORN with UCAS 3.2 and then mrb 3.00 you will have to stick to it becuase you can not go back to ZCAS MR T Soft.

Hope I could help and it is understandable. If not let me know.

D+ is a very good package and I enjoy it a lot ;)

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
goldkat said:
oh btw forgot to say. I'm spanish and will want to program the mrb300 to watch D+. Can I flash the ucas version 3.2 with my laptop as well? I wouldn't want to get a cas loader.

Thanks again

GoldKat

Yes Lappi files are always .upd files and you flash UCAS 3.2 with Lappi first then 3.00 upd file with the firm soft.
.bin file is always for the CAS interface

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
claasi said:
PM seems to be deactivated for all folks. Used to work some time ago.

PM's are not activated until a member has posted about 14 posts thus a new member can neither send not receive PM until that time

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
claasi said:
IF you programm your REBORN with UCAS 3.2 and then mrb 3.00 you will have to stick to it becuase you can not go back to ZCAS MR T Soft.

Thanks a lot classi, you have cleared most of my doubts now. I have just ordered a reborn cam :) I should have it in a few days. I hope everything goes well and I can program mrb300 on it! So if i flash the reborn with UCAS 3.2, in order to go back to ZCAS I would need a CAS correct? Or is not possible yet to do this?

Oh btw, do I need a boxkey to watch D+ with mrb300? I've heard that the boxkey for the matrix is always the same, so the files should come with the correct boxkey, rite?

Thanks a lot mate!
GoldKat

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
i have a reborn with zcas. can anyone target me to the website where i can find driver and loader utility to update mrt software on my cam through laptop.

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
gauch21 said:
i have a reborn with zcas. can anyone target me to the website where i can find driver and loader utility to update mrt software on my cam through laptop.

Hi Gauch21

As classi has just told me in his post, the drivers you need are "mr_by_pcmcia" which can be found in this forum: http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=649 This drivers are for the MR but they also work for the REBORN. With respect to the loader utility, you can find it along with some basic guidelines here: http://www.matrixcam.com/laptop.htm

Hope this helps
Goldkat

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
goldkat said:
So if i flash the reborn with UCAS 3.2, in order to go back to ZCAS I would need a CAS correct? Or is not possible yet to do this?

Oh btw, do I need a boxkey to watch D+ with mrb300? I've heard that the boxkey for the matrix is always the same, so the files should come with the correct boxkey, rite?

Thanks a lot mate!
GoldKat

First thing yes you need a CAS to go back. There is no ZCAS.upd available.

You don't need any boxkey since boxkey entry is only needed if you use a Digital + orignal card. But you have no card right ;)

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
Hi classi,

I'm back hehe. Just got one more question. Is there any program to edit the mrb300 file? MRCrypt won't allow me to open the file in order to change the keys or to see the list of providers. Which program can i use?

cheers mate

GoldKat

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
hi i have loaded my reborn with 'zcastoucas.upd' from speedy's website. now when i am loading it with mrt or mrv softwares it is showing 'device error: reinsert your cam'. please advise what shall i do?

goldkat

Spaniard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar dsb 808 2ci -
Matrix Reborn - mrb300
Titanium
My Location
Spain
gauch21 said:
hi i have loaded my reborn with 'zcastoucas.upd' from speedy's website. now when i am loading it with mrt or mrv softwares it is showing 'device error: reinsert your cam'. please advise what shall i do?

Hi m8,
You only need to change from zcas to ucas3.2 when loading mrb300. MRV files work with ucas3.1 and MRT files work with zcas. Therefore the only way around your problem is to load the mrb300, if you use the laptop method. Alternatively, you can use a cas programmer, to load up any other files you want in it.

I'm guessing (not sure if it is write, some correct me if wrong please), you can use your laptop to go back to ucas3.1, and then install the mrv files. ucas3.1.upd is available, but zcas.upd isn't, so there isn't still a way back to zcas using a laptop.

Hope this helps

GoldKat

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
goldkat said:
Hi m8,
You only need to change from zcas to ucas3.2 when loading mrb300. MRV files work with ucas3.1 and MRT files work with zcas. Therefore the only way around your problem is to load the mrb300, if you use the laptop method. Alternatively, you can use a cas programmer, to load up any other files you want in it.

I'm guessing (not sure if it is write, some correct me if wrong please), you can use your laptop to go back to ucas3.1, and then install the mrv files. ucas3.1.upd is available, but zcas.upd isn't, so there isn't still a way back to zcas using a laptop.

Hope this helps

GoldKat

You are learning fast :) Yes absolutely right.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
goldkat said:
Hi classi,

I'm back hehe. Just got one more question. Is there any program to edit the mrb300 file? MRCrypt won't allow me to open the file in order to change the keys or to see the list of providers. Which program can i use?

cheers mate

GoldKat

As far as I'm aware there is no one around just like for MR T soft.

The only ones I know of is the one for MR and and other one for MRv files. I assume since REBORN CAM is not yet spread out in the community, that nobody cared about editors so far.

Cheers
Claasi