Matrix reloaded much better than freecam+funcard?

blackninja

I currently have a freecam 2.020+funcard 6. With multivision going I don't have many options regarding footy/mature content, although I just ordered a bigger dish so I can view more than 13/19 East.

My question is: How many more channels will a Matrix Reloaded Cam give me than a FreeCam? I have an Elvis Programmer so I may buy a titanium card, although I hear Seca 2 is down. What extra channels can I currently get with a matrix reloaded+tit card as opposed to a freecam+funcard? Can the Viasat 5 East package be opened with both combinations?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The best option with the Titanium is probably the 1W satellite.

blackninja

The titanium cards seem pretty expensive at the mo. Would a matrix cam on its own do much more than a freecam and 6in1 funcard?

Does a titanium card with a Seca Cam unlock Conax/Nagra?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is really a bad time to consider what to buy, everything is on a knife edge, Conax on 1W, on and off every other day, no S2 channels at the moment, TPS on Viaccess regularly swapping codes and commands. I would probably wait and see what happens.

blackninja said:
I currently have a freecam 2.020+funcard 6. With multivision going I don't have many options regarding footy/mature content, although I just ordered a bigger dish so I can view more than 13/19 East.

My question is: How many more channels will a Matrix Reloaded Cam give me than a FreeCam? I have an Elvis Programmer so I may buy a titanium card, although I hear S*ca 2 is down. What extra channels can I currently get with a matrix reloaded+tit card as opposed to a freecam+funcard? Can the Viasat 5 East package be opened with both combinations?
tell you what m8 , if you want an all-in-one solution buy a dragon cam just like me .it comes with a loader card in order to update the cam regularily.
this cam covers all conax channels on 1 west , tps and multivision and absat on hotbird and tv cabo on hispasat.]
the latest update on this cam is predator 229 which you can get from forums such as sataid.com. they have a dedicated section for dragon cam updates.
i used to have a matrix cam and an m2 card too , i dont use matrix anymore.
regards :D

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The only thing that concerns me about the Dragon CAM, is that you are at the mercy of the suppliers of the CAM with regard to new updates. I do not have that much confidence in their intentions to keep up the quick ongoing updates. To be quite hones, add another £30 or so to the price of a Dragon CAM and you can buy a Dreambox, with scores of people writing for it.

rolfw said:
The only thing that concerns me about the Dragon CAM, is that you are at the mercy of the suppliers of the CAM with regard to new updates. I do not have that much confidence in their intentions to keep up the quick ongoing updates. To be quite hones, add another £30 or so to the price of a Dragon CAM and you can buy a Dreambox, with scores of people writing for it.
i was never at the mercy of my supplier , to be honest with you it was forums such as this one (independent ones) that helped me make up my mind to buy the dragon cam , after endless frustration with the matrix cam seizing up on most channels i was watching . my supplier could not give a flying monkey about updating the cam , it's thanks to forums like this one that enlighten people about alternative methods and technologies. i am done with the matrix , dragon rules for now and i never looked back.and yes updates are aplenty for the dragon and many many ppl post updates in forums like this one (although i never understood why you cant post files and codes here) i know , i know , THE RULES:rolleyes:
so i beg to differ with you on this instance only , and you still have all my respect:D
i will stop ranting now:-ohmy
regards