Matrix reloaded or stay as I am ?

redrooster

Reaction score
Hi, all,

Can anyone help me with some help and advice on whether or not to go for a Matrix Reloaded setup ?

I have an Echostar 3600 Viaccess with Irdeto cam, I have a Infinity USB programmer and I am using Funcard 2's at the moment.

If I go down the Matrix route can I still use the programmer for the cards?

What gear do I need?

Any help appreciated guys !

Thanks
Redrooster

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi Redrooster,
I can recomend going down the matrix reloaded road if........
you have plenty of time to read up on these matters, have a constant connection to the internet, don't get busted at work for reading this forum, buy a cas plus programmer, buy a couple of titanium cards and then get burnt when conax goes t**'s up,have a basic grounding in programming cards, have a week off to download every progger programme under the sun, another week off to sift through them all and come up with one that works, have a smart mouse lying at the back of the wardrobe wrapped up with all the cables that you thought you'd binned when d2mac died and everything went digital, have a nervous breakdown and go grey, bald or a rather 'Sean Connery' mix of the two, if you don't mind it all changing a week after you think you've sussed it and don't have a misses who comes to bed five minutes before your programmer finishes updating your cam and puts E4 on in the bedroom so you can't see if it works.....
then yes I can whole heartedly recommend it.
(Sorry, just a rant to make you feel welcome, but do buy a MR, a cas plus and all the leads and power supplies and myself and all the other good people here will help you out when we can, just trying to let you know what you're letting yourself in for!!!!)
be lucky,
Dom.

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Seems a bit harsh that, now that I've posted it, just my experiance of things, but I bet everyone here has been through the same thing! Anyway, I've got an Echostar 3600ip with 2 cam slots(no embeded cam) and it does work well with a Magic Module, converted with a cas plus progger to Matrix Reloaded. The beauty of the cas is that if you mess up the cam you can always undo what you've done. The frustration comes out of having to save up for the latest gadget on the market, figure out how it works and then put it in the wardrobe six months down the line..BUT... don't throw it away, you never know....
Dom

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well I have to say that I have read your post's with interest....I have an Xtreme receiver with a embedded CAM that is similar to the MR!....I purchased an MR and found it worked well on my receiver but not as good as a fun 6 inserted!...so if your STB does NOT have a embedded CAM do buy the MR...if it does then it has to be questioned whether it is worth spending an extra £80.00

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi Waverider,
good point but isn't this about what we already have? Not to be uppity or anything but I've found the Echostar to be a blinking good machine.Second hand mind, Eeprom going(Dodgy EPG) but it is about what kit we have, not what we lust after(To borrow from the great Homer,HMMMm, Xtreeeeeme....)
please don't ban me, this is the only forum that makes any sense to me!!!!
I only want to impart my personal experiance and gather any knowledge that is out there. Sorry.
Dom.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
No that's ok! everyone is entitled to freedom of speech, providing it is within the forum guidlines and rules m8. If there was no difference of opinion then things would be very boring don't you think?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
We all like a rant, and this is a good place to do it. I see 29 posts from digimac-uk and all very informative, btw you are correct about the MR.

redrooster

Reaction score
Thanks to all,

I suppose the question is, will the Fun 6 in 1 ever come back on stream for viewing the likes of D+ and Cabo on 30E ? and I know that's been a daily update situation, but relatively simple with the infinity USB and the Internet connection.
If the answer to this is, no it won't come back, then which is the best alternative ?
Digiman's views are great but my missus does'nt watch E4 !!!! and I have got a bit of time to spend on searching the net, but is the MR cam any worse than an Irderto cam and programming 6 in 1 cards ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I reckon that the early fun cards have probably had their day for decrypting channels, and possibly the irdeto Freecam. The way seems to point towards the supercams and cards, possibly a combination of both, the satellite PC card is not ot be ruled out either.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
But mind you there is still some good viewing to be had by using a fun 6...I'm quite happy however at this stage to sit on the fence and wait to see what comes along, and then I wont rush in to buy anymore new gadgets until i'm convinced things are reliable again.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Gadgets..........mmmmmmm, got to have them, nearly as good as pies.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
LOL.....Deeeeeeep Deeeeeeeep apple pie hmmmmmmmm :D

redrooster

Reaction score
Dom

Thanks for the previous advice.
I'm looking at buying some gadgets! a Infinity USB Pheonix, The latest dragon cam or the MR (perhaps you could advise me either way on that one?) and a Titanium card. Do you think this would be a reasonable setup or is there something else that might be a better alternative?

thanks
digimac_uk said:
Seems a bit harsh that, now that I've posted it, just my experiance of things, but I bet everyone here has been through the same thing! Anyway, I've got an Echostar 3600ip with 2 cam slots(no embeded cam) and it does work well with a Magic Module, converted with a cas plus progger to Matrix Reloaded. The beauty of the cas is that if you mess up the cam you can always undo what you've done. The frustration comes out of having to save up for the latest gadget on the market, figure out how it works and then put it in the wardrobe six months down the line..BUT... don't throw it away, you never know....
Dom

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well Redrooster I have a friend who is using a MR, combined with a Titanium card an Infinty, after a load of sodding about he sussed it all out, and is now a very happy chappy!

redrooster

Reaction score
Cheers Waverider,

Thanks for that, I may ask for your combined help then if I go down that route !
but do you have any advice on the latest Dragon ? - reading bits on the net it's supposed to be faster than the MR, I don't know, I'm a newbie to all this and trying to learn, I bow to the experts for advice before I "spends me money" !!.
Thanks again

Nige

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
redrooster said:
Cheers Waverider,

Thanks for that, I may ask for your combined help then if I go down that route !
but do you have any advice on the latest Dragon ? - reading bits on the net it's supposed to be faster than the MR, I don't know, I'm a newbie to all this and trying to learn, I bow to the experts for advice before I "spends me money" !!.
Thanks again

Nige

Well I can only comment on the MR Redrooster, and to be quite honest with you it clears slower than my STB embedded cam! Although it is a good well proven device, I think at this stage it's better to bide your time a little as the titanium is opening up new avenues m8.

redrooster

Reaction score
waverider said:
Well I can only comment on the MR Redrooster, and to be quite honest with you it clears slower than my STB embedded cam! Although it is a good well proven device, I think at this stage it's better to bide your time a little as the titanium is opening up new avenues m8.
Thanks Waverider,
Just picking up on your point about your embedded cam, being honest I have a Viaccess embedded in my Echostar AD3600IP which I have never utilised at all !
Can I put this to good use on the experimental front at all using my Infinity usb, gold card or funcard 2 ?

Thanks again,
Nige

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
redrooster said:
Thanks Waverider,
Just picking up on your point about your embedded cam, being honest I have a Viaccess embedded in my Echostar AD3600IP which I have never utilised at all !
Can I put this to good use on the experimental front at all using my Infinity usb, gold card or funcard 2 ?

Thanks again,
Nige

Dont want to sound flash RR but my embedded is on par with the MR but faster! I would have thought though the MR would be ideal for you m8, and provide you with good viewing.

allnighter

Reaction score
tell u what matey redrooster!
forget the ranting , get yourself an MR cam , invest in a cas interface 2 programmer from duolabs (50 quid + dreaded VAT), and upgrade it to mr 1.081 from the forums in a reliable site like (SATAID), and hey presto u get all the cabo channels on hispasat 30w , tv1000 in serius 5e , tps and multivision , polsat on hotbird , and taquilla 1-10 on astra 19e. no problemo!

hope this helps , as i never looked back , and i certainly never needed any fun cards whatsoever!!!:D
other than that grRRRRRRREAt forum !!
cheers

Moschino

Reaction score
Hiya fellas

Some very nice info but i havnt been on in the days of d2 mac and all that old astra i only started with my technomate 5500 dapci a 1.1 metre prime focus unicorn dish sg2100 disecq motor 0.3 db invacom lnb and finally the MR i dont know why the other chap was fretting so badly about the whole issue and red rooster sure did scare the hell outta me i bought this mr and had it working the very same day only with 1 peice of software the upd file and a laptop so go for it mate nothing to worry about the only thing i might look into now is upgrading to a revolution or x-cam but still waiting for some more info on the rev see what happens nice job fellas keep it up.

regards
Moschino