Matrix reloaded?

howard

Reaction score
what does it clear?

Is it worth me getting one as I have a Blue icecrypt with an AU nagra card and also an Axas running 6in1?

Will a M.R. and Blueice work together?

Does the M.R. open any channels that the Blueice and Axas won't?

thanks in advance

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
howard said:
what does it clear?

Is it worth me getting one as I have a Blue icecrypt with an AU nagra card and also an Axas running 6in1?

Will a M.R. and Blueice work together?

Does the M.R. open any channels that the Blueice and Axas won't?

thanks in advance

I asked the same question elsewhere and understand that apart from polsat nothing else at present. Could someone confirm this please ? I would like to buy a MR, to add to my embedded magic in xtreme and a skycrypt with 6in 1 and nagra au, as I have seen many eulogies to the MR but need a good reason to buy it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
@ Howard, you can convert the Axas to MR using a CAS interface. The Blue ice will open a couple of the nature channels that the MR won't, but the MR is improving and even with the present software will AU on Nagra without a card.

@ PCD, it may be possible in the near future to upgrade your extreme to MR.

howard

Reaction score
thanks for the prompt replies :)

@rolfw
could you roughly estimate how much a Cas interface would cost (and where from) Do they have any other uses?

thanks again
H

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can get the CAS interface from www.duolabs.com , you also need the parallel cable that goes with it. It will flash most of the Sidsa based CAMS and a couple of the receivers, there is a list in one of the other posts in this forum.

Bear in mind that MR is a work in progress, having the ability to flash it is going to come in quite handy.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
howard said:
thanks again
Thanks rolfw for your reply. I was thinking of getting a cas interface in any case. I will then wait before I hear more about flashing Xtreme to MR. Presumably Duolabs will announce when this is possible.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
PCD said:
Thanks rolfw for your reply. I was thinking of getting a cas interface in any case. I will then wait before I hear more about flashing Xtreme to MR. Presumably Duolabs will announce when this is possible.

Hi everybody!

I have seen in the duolabs forum cas interface section that the xtreme ucas cannot be converted to MR. some people have killed the ucas trying to do this.

Regards. PCD.