Matrix Revolution and Laptop IB*

Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
100 cm dish, stab100 2CI
#1
HI

i've got an I*M Laptop T22, Cardbus controller Tex*s Instr*uments 1450 , W2K Pro installed..after a lot of wasted time...i still do not make it recognize or "feel" my MRev...it does not beep when inserted, I tried drivers updates..... , tried to install pcmciap.inf , dreammagic.inf but nothing happens . after rebooting i still see
" Tex*s Instr*uments PCI 1450 Cardbus controller " under PCMCIA Adapters section...
when I insert the cam , the laptop is not able to realize any changes...

Is there anybody who can help me?

thanks!
 

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
25,216
Likes
5,625
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#2
Have you been to the usual sites to get the Matrix firmware installed ?

Has it confirmed installation was successful (did you install the W2k version )?

If so then you have one of the laptops that doesn't recognise the CAM for what it is, and you are not alone in this
 
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
100 cm dish, stab100 2CI
#3
Hi

could you please provide the usual links for MREV firmwares? thanks
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,730
Likes
3,311
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#4
pablo13 said:
Hi

could you please provide the usual links for MREV firmwares? thanks
Have you tried looking in the links section of the board????
 
Messages
3
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 2200
IBM T40
#5
pablo13 said:
HI

i've got an I*M Laptop T22, Cardbus controller Tex*s Instr*uments 1450 , W2K Pro installed..after a lot of wasted time...i still do not make it recognize or "feel" my MRev...it does not beep when inserted, I tried drivers updates..... , tried to install pcmciap.inf , dreammagic.inf but nothing happens . after rebooting i still see
" Tex*s Instr*uments PCI 1450 Cardbus controller " under PCMCIA Adapters section...
when I insert the cam , the laptop is not able to realize any changes...

Is there anybody who can help me?

thanks!
I tried with many drivers for WXP but it does work: nothing happens when I insert my MRV into the PCMCIA of my laptop (I?M R40).
 
Messages
5
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 + Matrix Reloaded CAM
Win XP
#6
Don't spend your time trying to install your cam on the laptop because I have never seen someone who made anything with this method
 

bob1947

Regular Member
Messages
12
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 2110Ci Via. 2 dishes, 1 60 and 1 90cm.
Astra 19/28 and Hotbird 13 e MR cam. and an ancient Winphoenix antique Smartmouse programmer and a few 16f 84 cards!
My Location
sw england
#7
r_u_crazy said:
Don't spend your time trying to install your cam on the laptop because I have never seen someone who made anything with this method
Don't agree with this. It may be a bit hit and miss depending on the laptop, but on my ancient HP 5500 laptop on Win 98se, it updates perfectly every time.
 
Top