Matrix RV 2.24 How to add a provider ?

danalex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PIII 750 MHz
My Location
Hungary
HI
I'm a newbie in MRV 2.24. How could I add a provider and upload the keys? Could it be done via remote control? I have a Humax 8100PVR.
Is there a guide how to deal with MRV 2.24?
Thanx a lot!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Danalex

What is it you are hoping to open and on what satellite? as I do not think there is much open now with anything let alone something as old as MRV I respectfully suggest you are wasting your time

danalex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PIII 750 MHz
My Location
Hungary
Hi
Maybe you are right... Could somebody maybe tell me where could I find a tutorial about MRV 2.24? I have a Humax 8100 and I intend to add a *iag*ra 2 provider on 1west. I don't understand what am I supposed to enter (three characters), via remote control, when I access the CAM menu.
Thanx a lot!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The three characters will be 2 lots of 8 sets of 3 numbers, also known as Decimal keys.
If I remember correctly there were 2 lines for each key in the old matrix revolution cam, but even if you enter the latest keys I don't think you will open Digi TV, as new files were not produced for this older cam.
I think the only matrix cam that still works is the Matrix Reborn.

danalex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PIII 750 MHz
My Location
Hungary
Thanx! Just after posting the reply I realised how stupid I was! Indeed, the tree characters must be the keys in dec. But how do I enter the providers ID? Will it work if there will be a mismatch between the keys and the providers ID? There are some N providers listed in the CAM's menu, but not the one that I need. However, I''l try :)
Thank you very ,very much for your help!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
They will probably be for the older Nagravision 1 not the later Nagravision 2, which has now been superceded by Nagravision 3, by Premiere & polsat, and no doubt soon by Digi TV.

danalex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PIII 750 MHz
My Location
Hungary
Mickha you were right: MRV 2.24 can handle just **gra 1 while the keys I can enter consist just of 16 Hexa numbers. I will try the Reborn version of the CAM, but I don't know if it is worthy... By the way: is there a patch for Humax 8100? I mean softcam?Do you know some sites for Hummies?
Best regards!

djeni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GS7100, T-Rex/Dragon CAM,
CAS3 Interface....
My Location
Bulgaria
danalex said:
Mickha you were right: MRV 2.24 can handle just **gra 1 while the keys I can enter consist just of 16 Hexa numbers. I will try the Reborn version of the CAM, but I don't know if it is worthy... By the way: is there a patch for Humax 8100? I mean softcam?Do you know some sites for Hummies?
Best regards!

Hi danalex,

Here you are _www.humax-zone.net/ = sw for humax

brgds djeni