Max.dish size

benblueeyes

Reaction score
rolfw said:
I almost exclusively use foam dialectric cable now, providing that it has the good quality copper braid and foil screen, then go with the foam. :)
Thanks rolfw.
I was going to use foam filled.Yes, it has quality copper braid & copper foil screen as opposed to other two types I've mentioned.Further, foam cable shows its quality & semi rigid.I am going to run the cables on Sunday & in about 10 days times chap would install & tune the receiver(Technomate 5500ADPCI).

By the way this THE BEST SAT.FORUM.Fast & excellent answers.

I may be answer questions once I've get to know the sytem !!!!!!!!!!!! I hope.

Many Thanks

ben

benblueeyes

Reaction score
jessjosh said:
Yah, as I found out today a 80cm is crap at receving Spice Plat at 1 degree west, I really need a 1.2.
Yes, I would like to have either 1 or 1.2M.But you can't have it on the wall(front or rear).
90cm is the legal limit on the wall to be legal.What can you do?It is the law.I know that now because I've asked the planning dept.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Oh well, you can always try for planning for a larger dish later on, see how you get on with this one in the meanwhile, there's plenty out there to be getting on with. :)

benblueeyes

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Oh well, you can always try for planning for a larger dish later on, see how you get on with this one in the meanwhile, there's plenty out there to be getting on with. :)
Hi rolfw
Once I get this system set-up,I assume I need a card or two.It has dual DVB CAM slots(will take Viaaccess,Irdeto,Seca,Nagravision,Conax compatable CAMS etc,but not supplied).What is the best way to go about.I am fine with programmers & PCs as that what I mainly do as an electronics enginner(full time job).Please give me a clue.
Many thanks.

ben

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I seem to remember there being a firmware patch for the technomate to enable the entering of keys, but aside from that, a dragon CAM, or Matrix revolutions CAM along with a Titanium card or two would give you a useful setup.