MAX,Vijay TV Reception in UAE

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
Sony MAX reception is invariably poor during 8 pm to 9:30 p.m in UAE. The singal strenght is week below 30% during this time. Any specific reason for this.

Also the Vijay TV reception is mostly not good. I am using 90 CM Dish and Philps LNB. Will it improve it the Dish size is increased. Any one is receiving good quality of Vijay TV here. My STB is Zenega 1004is

Regards
Magesh

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A very common phenomena in extreme fringe reception situations. a bigger dish should help

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
ghani_pak said:
Dear Brother,

Put one two way spilliter u r problem will be solve.

Thanks.
Thanks brother for info. Can you explain in detail what is this two way spilliter and how to do that?

vbnm

My Satellite Setup
Dish Tv Zenega 1004is, Insat2E,NSS703,Hotbird, NSS6.
My Location
Oman
dear Magesh,
one to two splitter means it will have one input and two out put. Connect the cable from the antenna to the input of the splitter and connect one cable to the out put of the splitter and connect the other end to the receiver.try this or go for a one to four splitter this works for so many peoples.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
Thanks! Will try out this. I have one more doubt. I have a dish separately for DishTV and If I install another dish for Hotbird, can I use this two way splitter to connect Hot bird also? Will the DishTV Set Top Box (Zenega 1004is) will work. Whether it will receive signals of Hotbrid through the splitter?

vbnm

My Satellite Setup
Dish Tv Zenega 1004is, Insat2E,NSS703,Hotbird, NSS6.
My Location
Oman
Dear Magesh,
Dish Tv reciver will not work with disec switch only the direct connection will work. if you are interested in installing hotbird then you should have separate receiver to watch it.

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
Ok. I understand dish receiver will not receive the hortbird even if connected with a two way splitter. But, if I connect the DishTV cable and the hot bird cable via two way splitter and input the cable to DishTV, can I get atleast DishTV channels? And, if I change the input cable to antother Receiver can I get Hotbird channels? In other words, instead of brining two cables from separate dishes, can use the splitter to comine and change the input to set top box and receiver whenever I want? Will this work??

My Satellite Setup
DishTV-Zenega 1004is
My Location
Sharjah -UAE
I have changed the Dish to 100 CM. The signal quality has got increased to above 50% for Max and Vijay TV. Hence, this is the only solution. Do not try two way spiliter and all.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Magesh said:
I have changed the Dish to 100 CM. The signal quality has got increased to above 50% for Max and Vijay TV. Hence, this is the only solution. Do not try two way spiliter and all.
Yes bro you are totally right, But some times simple physics comes under play. I agree with you.

mcruiser

vbnm said:
Dear Magesh,
Dish Tv reciver will not work with disec switch only the direct connection will work. if you are interested in installing hotbird then you should have separate receiver to watch it.
It does work with DiSEqC switch. If you dig deep inside the STB Info menu you will find LNB settings and there you have DiSEqC. I have been using DiSEqC for a long time and it works fine without any problems.

But please note that it is not a DiSEqC switch that poster was taking about. Its about a splitter.