Maxwell biggest cheat of all time - survey

N

net1

Media mogul Robert Maxwell has topped a poll to find the Biggest Cheat of All Time.

The millionaire businessman, who plundered hundreds of millions of pounds from the pension schemes of his various companies, received 56% of the vote in the survey by Internet provider AOL UK.

He was followed by cheating footballer Diego Maradona with 18% of the 1,000 votes cast, and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? contestant Major Charles Ingram, on 16%.

Maxwell floated Mirror Group Newspapers as a public company in 1991, desperate to raise cash because his companies were veering towards bankruptcy with debts of over £2 billion.

It was only after Maxwell's death later in the year that it emerged he had taken money from pension funds to keep his companies afloat and boost their share price.

Former Argentinian captain Maradona, a self-confessed drug taker, gained notoriety when his "hand of god" goal knocked England out of the 1986 World Cup.

Ingram, along with his wife Diana and fellow contestant Tecwen Whittock, was convicted earlier this month of falsely obtaining the £1 million prize.

Scheming cartoon villain Dick Dastardly, from Wacky Races, was fourth in the survey, with 4% of the vote.

Behind him on 3% were 80s pop duo Milli Vanilli, who never sang on their hit single Girl You Know It's True.

Coronation Street murderer Richard Hillman was in sixth place on 2% , and scraping into the poll in seventh place was Big Brother's Nasty Nick Bateman with 1%.

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
I would say the biggest cheats is,

wait fot it

Bushwhacker @ the bountyhunter

regards mikeey

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Is that why Maxwell jumped over board, to float the Mirror Group? :D

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Jimbo "NOW THAT WAS GOOD".

regards mikeey

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Capn Bob (bob, bob)