may i use ku band lnb with regular dish

My Satellite Setup
Jp singh
c band 8 feet dish
co ship CDVB2000B receiver
My Location
punjab north india
hello friends,
i am living in north India Punjab i have a c band regular 8feet dish and co ship dvb2000B and i am used to watch c band channel please tell me may i also use a ku band lnd with my 8 feet regular dish if yes then please suggest me the ku band lnb and price

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If its a mesh dish designed for C-band it will be unsuitable for Ku band - the wavelengths used by Ku band are much smaller than C-band & will go straight through the holes in the mesh!

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
jtahlian said:
hello friends,
i am living in north India Punjab i have a c band regular 8feet dish and co ship dvb2000B and i am used to watch c band channel please tell me may i also use a ku band lnd with my 8 feet regular dish if yes then please suggest me the ku band lnb and price
Yes as told by analog if it is a mesh or perforated dish then it is not suitable for the Ku band reception.If it is solid dish then you can and you have to find the offset focus of the satellite in the given direction.You can get Ku band 0.3 db universal LNBs for Rs.300/-.Also you have to buy Diseqc switch (Rs.350/-) if you want to connect more than one LNB to your STB, if it supports.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
if your dish is aluminum sold plate dish, then its ok for ku..!

My Satellite Setup
60cm Dish Tv NSS6, Zenega STB-Cd1004s, Conax
My Location
Uttar Pradesh
Hi ,
I hv 60cm dish with single LNB, is it possible to fix another LNB there? How?