Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Sun 16 Sep, 12:32 AM Crash.net

The 1995 World Rally Champion Colin McRae is feared to have died following a helicopter accident close to his Scottish home.
Strathclyde police have this evening confirmed that four people died following the accident, which occurred shortly after 4pm close to the Jerviswood estate where McRae lived with his family.
Although formal identification of the dead isn't expected to be made until Sunday, police believe the 39-year-old was on board.
"We can now confirm that four people were on board the helicopter which crashed in a wooded area in Jerviswood, Lanark at around 16.10 this afternoon, Saturday 15th September," a police statement issued late on Saturday night said
"The bodies were found within the helicopter, which is owned by Mr. Colin McRae of Jerviswood House, Lanark. It is believed he was on board the helicopter. However until formal identification has taken place, we will not be able to confirm the identities of those on board.
"Police remain at the scene, where a thorough search of the area continues. Air accident investigators will carry out a full investigation into the cause of the crash."
Formal identification of those on board the aircraft is expected on Sunday.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sad, was really some driver. Didnt another rally driver die in the same circumstances in Northern Ireland some years ago ??

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
What a sad day. Colin was my favourite rally driver, in my eyes he was head and shoulders above all drivers when it came to raw speed and braveness. He may not have the multiple titles like some of the more conservative drivers, but for me he was the best. His epic battles with Richard Burns were unforgettable. I hope they have a race series in motorsport heaven...RIP Colin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes great shame.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
That was very sad to see Colin die like that after the dangerous sport he came through relatively unscathed.

Wasn't it odd that that on the day his former Subaru boss (David Richards) paid a tribute to Colin that David and his wife crash landed in their helicopter later that day. Neither were injured.