Meaning of Ku-Band Universal LNBF

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Hi

I want a Ku-Band LNBF for my DTH system, which should be able to receive all the signals/frequencies trasmitting by the particular satellite, irrespective of the polarisation, means Horizontal+Vertical and should have single output to Set Top Box(reciever).
(In other words a single Ku-Band LNBF capable of receiving both Horizontal+Vertical signals from the satellite.)

So, what type of Ku-Band LNBF is needed for my requirement ?

Thanx in adv.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Well, any Universal LNB will do, best to go for a 0.3dB LNB, but it all depends what you can afford, but have a look on eBay and see what they have there (be wary of the 0.2dB LNB's, theoretically, they cannot achieve that low a noise figure...)...

One thing to check though, do you need a 40mm or 20mm clamp type or a bolt-on C120 LNB?

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Hi
I'm a newbee to this world.
But as a normal user want to purchage a new DTH system for my home with a 90 cm Ku-band dish and a Ku-Band LNBF. My receiver (not purchaged yet) have one input for the LNBF.

So want one cable will come from the Ku-band LNBF carrying both Polarisation signals(Horizontal and Vertical) from the satellite and will give the feed to my receiver. So that I can watch all the Ku-band channels from that satellite irrespective of the polarisation.

Plz recommend the type of ku-band LNBF for my requirement.

Thanks
:-doh2

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
An Invacom or an MTI or Titanium will all do the job for you.
Just a matter of which of those is easily available to you.

Rgds

L.:)

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Hi
Invacom or an MTI or Titanium are the brands of LNBF manufactures. I want what I should call to the type of LNBF, for my required LNBF ? Is it Universal LNBF or something else ? Ok, what is the meaning of Universal LNBF ?

I'm very new, so my query may seems funny to you.

Thanx

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
A suggestion - go to the site of any of the mentioned manufacturers and call up the specification of their universal LNB's and all will be revealed.

Llew