RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
@Mohd Sadoon Not a reception issue but technical question about your screenshots: First of all they all very big in size (almost 1000K:cool:, but at the same time they bring very little information. How do you make them? Camera? Or it is screenshot of the web-interface of your receiver? Besides there is very big black area on each picture. Maybe you could crop your pictures to make them more digestible for the audience? For example, that how 1st picture of Part2 would look like image.png it is almost 10 times smaller in size and does not have black edges. But, even if those screenshots will be nice, I doubt many people will have some benefit observing them (if the look at them at all). IMHO you could make a list of every transponder in the chosen satellite and write near it signal level, so then you would present (compactly) good reception report from your area on particular antenna and receiver from your favorite satellite. If you wish to give broader picture you could post such a spreadsheets about each satellite receivable by you.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Or, another way of report could be graphical picture. For example, there is one I made some time ago about reception of Badr @26*E where you can see list of transponders (horizontal axis) and their levels in dB (vertical axis). I am not saying it is perfect presentation, but just an example.

Attachments

• Badr467.jpg
    Badr467.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 18

Mohd Sadoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240 cm PFA - 180 cm PFA - 120 cm PFA
Coverage 14W - 125E
My Location
Oman
@Mohd Sadoon Not a reception issue but technical question about your screenshots: First of all they all very big in size (almost 1000K:cool:, but at the same time they bring very little information. How do you make them? Camera? Or it is screenshot of the web-interface of your receiver? Besides there is very big black area on each picture. Maybe you could crop your pictures to make them more digestible for the audience? For example, that how 1st picture of Part2 would look like View attachment 116687 it is almost 10 times smaller in size and does not have black edges. But, even if those screenshots will be nice, I doubt many people will have some benefit observing them (if the look at them at all). IMHO you could make a list of every transponder in the chosen satellite and write near it signal level, so then you would present (compactly) good reception report from your area on particular antenna and receiver from your favorite satellite. If you wish to give broader picture you could post such a spreadsheets about each satellite receivable by you.
Hi how are you
First I take the photos by camara and I do screenshot for each photo because the size is big but I don't know if there is not different between camera photos and screenshots in the size
I am Sorry about that l will cut black area of screenshot to reduce the size and I will show important things in next report and thank you

Mohd Sadoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Coverage 14W - 125E
My Location
Oman
Or, another way of report could be graphical picture. For example, there is one I made some time ago about reception of Badr @26*E where you can see list of transponders (horizontal axis) and their levels in dB (vertical axis). I am not saying it is perfect presentation, but just an example.
This is very clear to show importan things also it's very clear to show the signals level but that take more time to do it I will do that soon you are right because I can make many informations and show important things in one photo than do more than 10 pictures

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
@Mohd Sadoon What receiver you are using? Can you log in to it from your PC?I mean, can you watch TV on your computer?

Add: And, do not worry, nobody knows everything. And forum is to learn something.

Mohd Sadoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Coverage 14W - 125E
My Location
Oman
@Mohd Sadoon What receiver you are using? Can you log in to it from your PC?I mean, can you watch TV on your computer?

Add: And, do not worry, nobody knows everything. And forum is to learn something.
I am using strong SRT 4950M I don't watch tv in computer also I am going to buy card satellite

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 7

Mohd Sadoon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Coverage 14W - 125E
My Location
Oman
Which is the best card satellite I want usb card satellite can you guide me to get best one