mediastar Hi Tech

My Satellite Setup
mediastar Hi Tech - Hotbird
My Location
Gulf
How to upgrade my mediastar Hi Tech once i have downloaded p321.com/upload/ on my PC then connected via RS232C, i have the following message on Receiver upgrade menu: "Please unplug and then plug in the STB power cord", what is this cord? Txs.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume it means your power cable, just switch off at the mains and switch on again, but usually all you need to do is power off your receiver, using the on/off button, and then turn it on again.
Before doing anything I would advise you read any help files, or guides, that you find in the software you have downloaded, usually there is a step by step guide on how to update your receiver.

My Satellite Setup
mediastar Hi Tech - Hotbird
My Location
Gulf
Thanks for the support, however it does not help.
I downloaded a .bin file, I can convert it but did not manage to transfer to the receiver...HELP!, Txs.

My Satellite Setup
hotbird - pentium 3 - 900
mgz
My Location
canada
while dodwn loading file from p321, please make sure that you are downloading the right file for the right receiver, which means click the file which has exactely same model # as your receiver.
Onec you open the down loader and load the file and before clicking the download button, make sure your receiver is power on. One you click the down load button, immediately switch off the receiver from the back and switch it on with in 3 seconds, here u will se ur file is downloading.