Megabox Sat Rec Help no com.With PC

orugas

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new in this field.I just bought Sat Rec named Metabox FTA 5 in 1 in Abu Dhabi.He working just well.Open all declared codes and automaticly updated- exempt Polsat.
This I done with my remote when I like to watch this chanel.I am on Hot Bird
13*E and Asiasat 3C(105.5*E)MY Software version is 3.8.223 and Hardware
1.6.003.I bought also null cable (Rs232) and coneccted to PC but after switch on Rec didn't have any communication as Manual said.There is also picture of window of the supposed Uploaded program to be used to add chanels and anything you want. My question is did I done something wrong or do I need
some driver or software to made comunnication beeetween PC and Sat.Rec.
In advance Thanks , any information which help will be highly appreciated.
Best regards to All , Oky

_NOKI_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SAT
hi

I have the same problem ,more over i dont know from where i can download the megabox loader and the other program for Megabox

regards

orugas said:
Hi all,
I am new in this field.I just bought Sat Rec named Metabox FTA 5 in 1 in Abu Dhabi.He working just well.Open all declared codes and automaticly updated- exempt Polsat.
This I done with my remote when I like to watch this chanel.I am on Hot Bird
13*E and Asiasat 3C(105.5*E)MY Software version is 3.8.223 and Hardware
1.6.003.I bought also null cable (Rs232) and coneccted to PC but after switch on Rec didn't have any communication as Manual said.There is also picture of window of the supposed Uploaded program to be used to add chanels and anything you want. My question is did I done something wrong or do I need
some driver or software to made comunnication beeetween PC and Sat.Rec.
In advance Thanks , any information which help will be highly appreciated.
Best regards to All , Oky

digital2004

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
describe
dear noki
can u help me about megabox receiver for upgrade and loader?
our problem is same. can u solve it?
plz

shaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tgwedg
HI i have the smae problem i cant find the megabox loader if anyone finds any information on it i will be very thankful.

mnbl

Reaction score
Hi,
Everyone if you are talking about Mediastar Megabox. The website is www.receiversoftware.tk. Please check and let me know.

regards,
mnbl

shaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tgwedg
HI ANYONE FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MEGA BOX DOWNLOADER??O-Ha

shaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tgwedg
hi mnbl,

thnx for the site but unfortunetly the site doesn't work r u sure u have the site spelled correctly because the server says that there is no such site as the one you have wrote on this fourm if you have any more info plllzzzzz tell me. oh and by the way on my reciver it just says megabox not any mediastar stuff i dont really get that so my receiver is called "just" megabox. Lotzaaa Thanx

Shaloo:-bunny :D

mnbl

Reaction score
Hi,
For all Mediastar Receiver files you will get
http://www.receiversoftware.tk/
http://www.freewebs.com/mediastarreceiver/index.htm
both of them are same.
download & enjoy

shaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tgwedg
Hello

i have new digiwave7000 which has the fcc mark on the back when i searched the channels it picks up the channels but the channels dont work no sounfd or picture of the channel. I have the New_digivace7000FULLOPEN.bin file but i dont no how to download it on to the reciver.

i tried this procedure:
1. Download STB Download Tool (STBTool) and save in a file directory
2. Download new software and save in a file directory
3. Connect RS 232C cable between PC and STB
4. Run DG Manager.exe

But this message comes up : INVALID FIRMFARE FILE wat does that mean and what can i do to stop it?? when i click browse this is the message that comes up so if nayone noes anyhthing about thins i wud be very thankful. Also i would like to know what the DG manager is.

I WANT TO DO THE SAME THING TO MEGA BOX SO IT ACTUALLY STARTS WORKING ANY INFORMATION ON HOW I CAN DO IT?
THNX EVERYONE!

shaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tgwedg
Oo And Can Anyone Also Tell Me How To Change Key0 And Key1 For Megabox And How Do You Change The Key For Digiwave?

Thnks Ppl!

gsmsikar

Reaction score
digital2004 said:
ok nice anyone have megabox receiver:
is the picture in site :
_http://mediastaruae.com/productdetails.php?productid=26&maincatid=6

u can upgrade with _http://www.p321.com/upload

anyone test and enjoy inform others.
yeah i have the same MEGABOX receiver , which software do i use ?
and which flash file do i use ?

please reply , its urgent....

thanks

gsmsikar

Reaction score
gsmsikar said:
yeah i have the same MEGABOX receiver , which software do i use ?
and which flash file do i use ?

please reply , its urgent....

thanks
i am also having the same problem of not connecting the receiver with the PC .

can anyone tell me how to solve this problem ? how to connect it with the PC ?

help

dubseller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
big ugly with oldschool rxs... megabox and eurostar
My Location
uae
bump...

Can someone please help me out with this megabox? It is the same one as the receiver featured on the pics earlier... I have got 2 different loaders (1-stbdownloaderv1.5 and 2-2simpleupload) or something to that nature.

I have dl'd the latest software, but I cannot get the loader to communicate with the pc... If anyone, ANYONE has had success with this unit, PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!

I am going nuts... Thanks!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well firstly you do not mention what cable you are using.
Is it a null modem cable a standard RS232 cable usb cable?

Second surely the loader software is on the pc and it is the stb that you cannot get the software to see?

dubseller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uae
Topper said:
Well firstly you do not mention what cable you are using.
Is it a null modem cable a standard RS232 cable usb cable?

Second surely the loader software is on the pc and it is the stb that you cannot get the software to see?

Hello again Topper... been about 6 months since I heard from u last! And again the first to reply!

Ok, I am using a USB-RS232 cable with a "gender changer" to connect from my laptop to the megabox. And yes, the loader software is on the laptop and the loader works seemingly fine. But every time I set up the loader with the software, plug in the stb, and power the stb on and hit "connect" on the loader, the stb just loads up as normal and nothing is shown on the loader. Or I get an error like "cannot open file" or "comport" etc...

It shouldn't make a difference if I use this setup to connect to the stb, should it? Thanks a load Topper.

Dub

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
This is indicative that the cable setup is incorrect and the stb end of the cable is not showing the correct configuration of high and low terminals that indicates to the stb that a download is ready to happen
I do not know your stb but I would bet on it being the cable arrangement that is incorrect. Firstly most systems require a null modem arrangement which has completely different wiring as per the picture below.
Also my experience with gender changers, success was limited.
I would suggest you get hold of an old laptop or pc that has comm ports and try that.

Attachments

• Null_ Modem.gif
    Null_ Modem.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 35

dubseller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uae
Topper said:
This is indicative that the cable setup is incorrect and the stb end of the cable is not showing the correct configuration of high and low terminals that indicates to the stb that a download is ready to happen
I do not know your stb but I would bet on it being the cable arrangement that is incorrect. Firstly most systems require a null modem arrangement which has completely different wiring as per the picture below.
Also my experience with gender changers, success was limited.
I would suggest you get hold of an old laptop or pc that has comm ports and try that.

well, I got a cable that looks like the null modem cable I have at home back in Canada but this one is thicker but it fit in the serial com port perfectly. As I set up the loader and followed the procedure again I got nothing. The receiver just isn't connecting with my pc. Is there a possibility that I am using the wrong cable? I just assumed that the cable fit in the comport and the receiver so it must be the right cable. Could there be a difference? Thanks for all your help Topper, you've been great help so far! If I don't get this working again soon, I will have to try again in 4 and a half months when I come back to Dubai. I will keep in touch... this site is great!