Members with AOL E-mail addresses-URGENT

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We have a problem at the moment with AOL, they have complained to our server that E-mail from Satellites.co.uk is being considered as SPAM. For this reason, we are going to have to ban AOL addresses, or risk the closure of our server account.

I think everyone on the forum knows that we do not send out SPAM, but we have to take this seriously.

We would ask all members with AOL addresses to change their address on the forum to another, as of the 29th of February, all AOL addresses will be removed from the forum and any member still retaining an AOL address will be designated as guest.

We regret this action, but cannot afford to be SPAM blacklisted.

As a precaution, all forum E-mail functions will be suspended as of now and will only return after the removal of the AOL accounts, so no post notifications or PM notifications.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Is this still in force Rolf? I have not accessed forum for a while(and have an old email registered) and cannot register my email as I am registered with AOL now. Other sat forums I am with can post email to my AOL account.

Should I set up an email with yahoo or hotmail and use that email, would this be OK?

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem with most of the other free E-mail services Richard, hotmail should be fine. We decided to block the AOL addresses permanently, as they were causing too much trouble.

PS. You should still be able to use outlook express to collect from your old account, I do on several. :)