Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
RECEIVER: Pace DS430N
DISH: 1.3m
LNB: 3B Electronica Universal 0,3dB
My Location
Menorca
Hi,
I have recently moved to Menorca from Barcelona and brought my sat equipement (pace & 80cm dish), wih me.
I am informed that this dish is not big enough I will need at least a 120cm.
Should I buy this size or bigger?
What type of lnb should I use?
I can buy a 120cm dish, lnb, bracket kit from a Spanish site (www.rem-28.com) but not sure if the mesurement is from side to side? and no info of make of dish, make or type of lnb.
Does any one have more info of what size dish I need also typ of lnb and what angle to set it at?

Any help will be gratefuly accepted

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looked around for reception reports HERE, only found one old one which indicates that he is fine with a 1.2m dish, he doen't say what it is though. There can be a huge difference in performance between a cheap pressed 1.2m steel dish and something like the Andrews/channel master 1.2 and it could mean the difference between periodic and 24hr reception.

Mallorca would appear to require a 1.8m dish for 24hr reception but is slightly further South, this can sometimes make a big difference.

coldcarib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
RECEIVER: Pace DS430N
DISH: 1.3m
LNB: 3B Electronica Universal 0,3dB
My Location
Menorca
Thanks for the info.
Does any one know where I can get a good dish, lnb etc.......cheap!!