Merging / Combining Softcam Key files ?

Orionsbelt

Reaction score
Nowadays almost everyone (in core satellite business) makes his/her own softcam keys. Some file include keys for some TPs, some has for other TPs.

How can I merge / combine softcam keys ?

Is there a tool to do that ?

In doing that with a text-editor, do we need the old update lines of a key?

Do does lines override if duplicate?

10x

Orionsbelt

Orionsbelt

Reaction score
PROF, ROLWF

These editors cannot help my problem to be solved...

Please, real answers to my real problem. Consider before replying...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Import them into a spreadsheet, sort it, and write macro to strip out the duplicates. I think that if the keys are different, then you can leave them both in, as many programs will try both.

Thinking about it, you could probably just join the keyfiles together in notepad, and run it in as one file. I've done this with the old version of the editor above, as it finds and eliminates dupes.

And don't go upsetting the mods and admins. They're not here to fix your problems, just to suggest ideas.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Orionsbelt said:
PROF, ROLWF

These editors cannot help my problem to be solved...

Please, real answers to my real problem. Consider before replying...

You can certainly do what you want with the softcam editor, but what it won't do is take all of the work out of the job. If you are looking to merge two slightly different softcamkey files by simply pressing a button with all of the duplicates identified and deleted, then I suggest you get writing some software, because to my knowledge there isn't any around.

Orionsbelt

Reaction score
That's a very good idea buddy. I'll write a text editor just to combine those softcam key files.

Which language shall I use I wonder :)

- CSharp,
- VB.net
- PHP or ASP ? a web site people can also use :)

hmmm...