meter

macco

Reaction score
does anybody no where i can buy a decent digi meter,ie a good online store,any help would be great thanx macco....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What do you want to do Macco and how much do you want to pay? The reason I ask is that you really need only an analogue signal strength meter and a bit of time to set up. You only really need a digital meter if you are setting up more than one dish.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
avoid those cheep beeper ones that give a tone through an earpiece that increased and decreases when you hit the satellite.
I find that though i personally used it to align my motorised system to the arc succesfully, they are a complete pain to use and you would be better off with a meter display type.

macco

Reaction score
i was hoping to get a pretty decent digi meter,as i have just left my job as a sat engineer,i was thinking of doing some work on the week ends,i was looking to spend around £200+£300....

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Digital meters can be picked up for well under £100 macco

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Right, at the fifth attempt, something really weird is going on with my PC, but that's another matter.

The cheaper meters do not provide a bit error rate, nor do they provide satellite id recognition, if anyone is doing more than the very odd mates installation, a £300 meter is almost a bare minimum.

This is a good one.
ROVER

Rover "SDM-1s" satellite finder is a multistandard QPSK meter. It allows easy alignment of satellite dishes pointing at Astra 28.2E, Astra 19.2E, Hotbird and Sirrius (more to follow). This meter allows measurement of signal strength as well as signal quality, the user can select between horizontal and vertical, high or low band, satellite and lnb voltage from the easy to use menu - only 3 buttons. The unit comes with it own carry case with accessory pouch.

macco

Reaction score
thanks for youre swift reply Rolf W, that meter looks a bit like what i used to use at work a [rover] do you no how i can get hold of one....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, PM me and I'll E-mail you the wholesalers address, there are a couple of other meters around which are slightly cheaper, but I don't have experience of them.

LACUNA DTM Digital IF Meter *NEW STYLE*
(17 SAT) c/w NiMH Batt, Charger, Case
circa £220+vat

PS. You'll have to enable personal mail in your usercp first. :)