Metronic 'The Original Box'

LukeUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 @ 28.2 - HD PVR | 65cm Fortec w/Inverto LNB @ 1W - KWorld PCI DVB-S | Core 2 Quad Q6600, nVidia 8600GT, 600GB RAID 0, 22" LCD and 24" CRT TV, DVBDream
My Location
Berkshire, UK
You probably already know this, but..........If you've got the Metronic set up to the VCR by SCART, you'll need to set the VCR to its SCART channel. Sometimes this is called E1/E2 or AV1/AV2 (depending of course in which socket it is connected to).

A VCR should be able to record from it just fine, since I've used my computer and DVD Recorder to record from it.

DanielP

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 triax 80cm, smart dual output monobloc LNB @ 13E and 19.2E

1 minidish, quad LNB @ 28.2E

Fortec Star 4200 set-top
Metronic Original analogue set-top
Hauppage Nova S+ x2
Compro Videomate 350 x1
2x WinXP PCs running GBPVR
My Location
Wales
Got my box in today. Although its pretty basic, it does the job and isn't some overpriced dusty relic. The picture is miles better than I thought it would be too.

The only issue is that I seem to need to hit the "toneburst" button a couple of times to make it lock on the channel when I change channels. This happens whether I run it on the direct cable to the monobloc lnb or put it on the loopthrough from my Fortec box. I don't care that much, as it will spend most of its life locked on Eurosport!

Anyone else have this?

Daniel

PS....got it! TB is the diseqc setting- the correct setting needs to be set and saved for each channel! I'm well happy now. Hope Eurosport lasts a couple more years at least!