Metronic Touch Box 3

Mad Rat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm dish for Sky+ linked to all rooms, all with own remote and magic eye. Second box in home office (no multi room subscription just use card from main box if needed) 3rd box in bedroom Freeview in other rooms. Free cable in dining room Two 53cm mi
My Location
Leicestershire UK
Dose anyone know if its possible to patch this receiver? and if so how?

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
I have spent a lot of time looking for some support for this reciever and it seems there is none. If I was u, I would do what I did and buy another box.

Mad Rat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm dish for Sky+ linked to all rooms, all with own remote and magic eye. Second box in home office (no multi room subscription just use card from main box if needed) 3rd box in bedroom Freeview in other rooms. Free cable in dining room Two 53cm mi
My Location
Leicestershire UK
I have come to the same conclusion. I think I will go for a Technomate 1000D as they seam to have the most support.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That's just the way it is with some boxes :(

Buying something with recognised support should make life easier, but even then the support could stop tomorrow.

A predicament we face every day :D

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
For a £20 or £30 odd extra, the TM 1500 might be a better choice over the TM 1000D because of the multicrypt card reader and CI slot if there is remote possibility of interest in a card or CAM in the future.

ETA it's d sathelp frat on this thread, no?

Mad Rat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Leicestershire UK
Don't think I will need a card reader of any sort. Thats the hole idea of patching.