microsoft message

richard.willacy

Reaction score
:-doh! hi there, been having some trouble with my computer, the problem is that i keep getting this microsoft
message which says, shrink to 56ui.exe has encountererd a problem and needs to close,
we are sorry for the inconvieniance, then it says, please tell microsoft about the problem, then you have the option to send report or dont send, well i can tell you this has been giving me trouble for 2 years now and its got to the stage now that im thinking of chucking the bloody computer through the window or into the dustbin,
it does not matter what i do its the same on anything that i do, i get this microsoft message on almost
anything i do like if im going to do some recording from my skystar2 card, up it pops this f@@@@@
message, and if i downloads somthing say, new mpeg converta and install the thing onto my desktop and then go into the tool and try to do somthing with this new mpeg too and before you can say crap there it is,
i have been onto some other computer websites and nobody seems to know anything about this problem,
its like having black death, who cares you got the trouble i dont give a dam, so today im thinking of building my own computer, the first thing im going to buy is motherboard, but which??? well i want somthing with
DVI > onboard nvidia graphices, can sombody + i have got this radeon 9600xt graphices, if the new motherboard comes with graphices will i still need the radeon 9600xt or not

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
what is "shrink to 56ui.exe"? never heard of it & not found on a google search....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
richard.willacy said:
mhku, i it

What does this mean???? this is also unintelligible like your first post.....
Don't take as much ( I would have posted toke but he is no longer available)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Richard, your first post is almost gibberish. If we cant understand you post we cant help. Try using correct capitalisation for starters, and a few full stops.

However, Microsoft error messages along the lines of "XXX has encountererd a problem and needs to close" normally indicate the programme concerned is slightly corrupt.

The first thing to do is uninstall all the software that is involved with the skystar, then just reinstall any drivers and maybe install progdvb. Im a bit hazy on the exact details as I havent used a skystar (yet)

If you continue to have problems it may be its overheating slightly, so fit a
cheap cooling extractor fan near the skystar to extract warm air. The final solution may be that its incompatible with your motherboard.....

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
to be honest, after putting up with this problem for 2 years, i would back up files you want then format the C drive...

then reinstall windows, and slowly install your favourite software... using the PC inbetween each install.
if you get the error, then uninstall the last thing you installed... and dont reinstall it!!!
this could help in 2 ways..
1, i could be that you reinstall everything with no problems.
2, you could get the problem again, but at least you know what problems causing it :)

PS
have you used the file search and looked for 56ui.exe on your C drive? if you find out what folder the file is in, you will know what the software is... then goto there website looking for a solution. or email the company

good luck

richard.willacy

Reaction score
thanks to all who gave me advice about my microsoft message, and i will do a compleat format on monday
and see if this sorts the problem out, but i have to tell you i have done this many times and it does not matter what i do its this there, this morning i downloaded some progdvb verions from progdvb website and one
or two worked ok but few did not work ok because this microsoft message came streat up when i clicked into the thing, and i have gone to the motherboard website and downloaded the latest drivers but nothing works , and im sorry about the crap thread i did, i will try better next time, i have had this problem since day one, maybe your right it may not work with my computer, the other day i came across this thread about this skystar2 card, and it said that if you have this motherboard with sis 651 chipset you will have trouble, and
i read this for quite a while and it made compleat sence, and it went on about the problems you will have if you try this skystar2 card, so i think if i was to do a compleat fromat, i would just be wasting my time do it,
and i have to say i have done this loads of times and to tell you, i dont want to do this any more because it takes to long to do,

allend66

allend
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest SL65
My Location
Costa Daurada, Catalonia, Spain
RichardWillacy: not to be too negative or anything, but have you ever heard of "full stops"? I'm guessing that your not a native English speaker, correct? If so you could mention it and instantly we would all be a little more understanding.

Well, criticism asside, if I were you I would back up all your data (that you want to keep) and format. You say in your reply you've tried this, but the message still continues? Or did I misunderstand?

and i will do a compleat format on monday
and see if this sorts the problem out, but i have to tell you i have done this many times and it does not matter what i do its this there,

Reinstall Windows (version?) and as my erstwhile companion Red Devel says, test the pc after each software install.

Are you using cracked (pirate) software? Sometimes this gives problems. (for example, I downloaded a pirated Goolge Earth Pro, and got infected with a dialer: fortunately, i only had to do a system restore, but I have had to format on previous occasions.) if you use cracked software, be careful.

you can also try using a diagnostic utility, for example "ewido" or "WinTasks Professional". These will tell you what processes you have running on your pc, and give extra information on them - manufacturer, process type, system resources, etc.

good luck. If you reply to this, tell us what your pc is made of, what software, etc.

D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I did write a lengthy and detailed technical reply to this thread last night, but my blo-Oo-Ody computer locked up just as I sent it! Really!

If I might now ad my two penneth, I was going to suggest the same things as everyone else here now has, but I've subsequently changed my mind.

It seems that you really are Pee'd off with this, so I would just buy a new PC.

Get something with decent graphics (...and NOT onboard!!!!!).

At least if you then get the same problem, you know for sure that it's some of the software that YOU are loading!

Building your own PC is fine if you know what you're doing, but for the inexperienced it can be a big-time hassle and that sounds like something you don't need right now.

Sell your old PC to offset the cost.

Good luck m8.

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
Has that file been altered? Do you run virus/ trojan hunter/firewall.? I may be a bug.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You've asked this in several posts.

Have you run a virus checker?

Remove all your cards and shitty freeware software.

Does it still do it?

YES > backup and reinstall windows.

NO > you have a hardware problem.

Did it do this before installing your skystar2 card?

Yes > it's not the card. No > it's probably the card or software installed with the card.

And again, HAVE YOU RUN A VIRUS CHECKER?

p.s.
forget about using Lime Wire, Kazaa or any peer to peer stuff until you'e got this sorted. And do you use a firewall?