Migration of DD DTH services from NSS 6 to Insat 4 B

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
An official information is out regarding the migration.
Pls see the link below.
_tp://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH

My Satellite Setup
BEL 5518 DTH FTA
My Location
India
A new address in the skies for DD :

Doordarshan has decided to shift its DTH Services (DD Direct+) from NSS-6 to INSAT 4B with effect from June 1,2007.

"The new satellite INSAT 4B is located at 93.5 degrees east, which is slightly different from the current location of NSS-6 at 95 degrees east," a press release said here.

My Satellite Setup
Yet to get one. Waiting for Sun Direct
My Location
India
Important- Attention: Viewers of DD Direct plus DTH Service

DD Direct + DTH service at present beaming from Satellite NSS-6 at 95º E will migrate to INSAT-4B at 93.5º E w.e.f. 01/06/2007. This will involve slight rotation of dish antenna & change of parameters in Set Top Box (ST:cool:.

http://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH/DTH_Migration

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]DD Direct launches massive satellite-shift subscriber aid operation
See the link
*ww.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k7/apr/apr401.php
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Abhi

My Satellite Setup
Melbon FTA STB for DD DTH
My Location
Delhi
It seems that Mr. Maran is trying to save money by using Govt. machinery...

"By being located on the same satellite, Sun’s subscribers will be able to access DD Direct’s channels without Maran having to separately put them on his transponders."

"ht://dishtvindia.info/?cat=7"

Anyway..Is there any chance of increment in the number of good channels or DD is still thinking to make good use :) of the TPs by running lots of useless test channels

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Abhi said:
It seems that Mr. Maran is trying to save money by using Govt. machinery...

"By being located on the same satellite, Sun’s subscribers will be able to access DD Direct’s channels without Maran having to separately put them on his transponders."

"ht://dishtvindia.info/?cat=7"

Anyway..Is there any chance of increment in the number of good channels or DD is still thinking to make good use :) of the TPs by running lots of useless test channels
Yes ... your are right ....
Every POLITICIAN try to earn MONEY using his power ...
Most of the Petrol Pumps/LGP distributor/Hotels/etc .... are somehow backed by some politician. Just try to take the example in your area, you will find lot .... :(

My Satellite Setup
Yet to get one. Waiting for Sun Direct
My Location
India
Kalanidhi Maran who heads Sun Direct is not a politician but a businessman, it's his brother Dayanidhi Maran who is a politician. If Mr.Maran is saving money by using the Govt machinery, the same was true in case of Subash Chandra/Dish TV, they were accessing DD Direct free when they both were co located on NSS6. So I guess then Dish was also saving a lot of money.

Abhi

My Satellite Setup
Melbon FTA STB for DD DTH
My Location
Delhi
arsenalsri said:
Kalanidhi Maran who heads Sun Direct is not a politician but a businessman, it's his brother Dayanidhi Maran who is a politician. If Mr.Maran is saving money by using the Govt machinery, the same was true in case of Subash Chandra/Dish TV, they were accessing DD Direct free when they both were co located on NSS6. So I guess then Dish was also saving a lot of money.
Leave apart this discussion..although every politician uses their relative to do stuffs they can't do due to public outcry and Mr. Maran is also a politician..so no surprises..its all here..Mera Bharat Mahan...

Now a small question...

"To get the signals from the new satellite, each antenna has to be rotated (with the person standing behind the dish antenna) clockwise by 1.5 degree to the right and tilted up by 1.5 degree"

Is this correct....and if yes..its OK that we rotate the antenna clockwise by why to tilt upwards???

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Abhi said:
... why to tilt upwards???
To set the elevation for the satellite to receive the proper signal.

My Satellite Setup
Colorado FTR Receiver. Universal Ku-LNB 60Cm Offset Ku-Band Dish
My Location
Calicut, Kerala.
all transponders now operation tested now!!!!!!!!!!!

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
at early morning dd direct hads great signal but at noon it gets low and wasn't come with 95E. as you see in pic i'm getting 90E, 95 + 93.5 E and 75. on one 90 cm dish.

Attachments

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Good work bro. It would be helpful for others.