Millenium versus Elvis versus VXMulti

G

Gazzah

Programmers, programmers, programmers...........

Which one is it to be? That is the one million dollar question.

Okay........ my requirements are pretty simple: i just want to program a seca card for Tequilla, Palco and the K channels etc. Then maybe try my hand at others like Viaccess.

So which programmer is the one for me? Any ideas? I am obviously new to this "stuff" so i need a programmer that is relatively easy to use. Would the Millenium one be a difficult starting position? Would i be better off buying a more expensive one like the VXMulti that could be alot easier to use?

I have browsed a few websites for codes etc. Phills sat files seems a good one. So if i want to program a seca card (for tequilla etc) do i just download the appropriate file "Aston 1.03 file by Strsh with Nov keys"? Will this sort out both the EEPROM, and software files? Am i correct in thinking then all i have to do is to load the downloaded files into my programmer and fire it onto the gold card? - God is that all i have to do :) It seems so complicated.

Hope to hear some more advice soon

Gaz

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have found the millenium very easy to use once explained, haven't used the Elvis, but the software seems pretty straightforward also. The VX is probably a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Rolf

PRINCE

My Location
uh::
Hi,
The Elvis is as easy to use as the millenium, the only advantage the millenium has over the Elvis is the software is Window base. I first bought a Millenium myself, however with the advent of funcards and Silvercard I had to buy an elvis, because the millenium couldn't program those cards, I haven't use a VXMulti, so can advice.However a survey was done recently and the elvis came out on top.

Regards

Prince