minidish lnb skew settings

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Is there a guide of what the 1-5 skew settings are for like regions or anything like that ?

As yesterday i was just fiddling with my zone 2 minidish as the signal was abit low on 28east and trying the skew settings, i was amazed by how much the signal went up by as i had always just had it on 1 setting as it looked at the right skew setting by the angle the lnb was pointing but obviously wasn't

In the end i found it was either 3 or 4 and left it on 3 skew setting and now have the signal reading on nearly full on the sky box.

so just wondering is 1 skew setting for say scotland etc

wod

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
In the pack of 5 mini-dishes there is a guide in the form of a sheet showing the skew settings........ no help to you but we use setting 3 in the Midlands and 1 to 2 is up North :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A guide would be of no use, as it will be entirely dependent on how accurate the dish is set regarding horizontal and vertical planes, the onboard spirit level is next to useless. Adjust it until you get the best quality.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
thats what i was doing and on my horizon meter it was more the skew setting then the actual alignment as i left the skew on the wrong setting then once astra 2 found and dish elevation roughly set then the skew adjusting and then woosh signal quality reading shot straight up

next andrews dish install now i got my setanta dish sorted out and using the correct size for my location.