2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
I must say I am missing the good old Russian entertainment (Music & Dance) I used to receive on some FTA channels, especially Moscow Open on Serius 2. If anyone knows of similar channels that provide this sort of entertainment on what ever satellite receivable in the UK, please let me know. Many thanks JohnC

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi JohnC
Quite a fair selection of Russian channels across the arc.
From what I remember of your 1.2m dish set up you should get something from this list
_http://www.flysat.com/tv-ru.php
I used to like 53east when I could get it.
regards parky

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
You should try looking harder, for a start on Hotbird (13e) there is Channel 1 Russia, RTR, RTVi Info, Vesti, RBC-TV, Russia Today, and on Express AM22 (53e) there are two Domashniy and two CTC channels as well as some Russian music channels.
On Sirius there is TVCI as well as some Ukraine channels.

All these channels are FTA and can be got with a 80cm dish.

If you want to pay there is NTV Mir on Sirius, and RTVi, Detsky Mir, Nashe Kino, and RTVi-M on Hotbird.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Park Royal said:
I used to like 53east when I could get it.
regards parky

Hi Parky, Are you having problem's getting 53 east because I know I am and I put it down to next door's hedge getting bigger, may be it's something else.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
Hi Rob
Usual problem, trees growing foliage, will get 53e back in the fall. I just cannot be bothered now to move my mounting pole.
Cheers parky:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Park Royal said:
Hi Rob
Usual problem, trees growing foliage, will get 53e back in the fall. I just cannot be bothered now to move my mounting pole.
Cheers parky:)

Theres always the flamethrower option.

seliver

Satellites.co.uk Member
Reaction score
Website
seliver.110mb.com
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Receiver : Neotion Box 1000s-501
Computer : Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 2; Pentium 4 3.01GHz 1gb RAM
My Location
Penafiel, Portugal
JohnC said:
I must say I am missing the good old Russian entertainment (Music & Dance) I used to receive on some FTA channels, especially Moscow Open on Serius 2. If anyone knows of similar channels that provide this sort of entertainment on what ever satellite receivable in the UK, please let me know. Many thanks JohnC

Yea JohnC. In hotbird there's a lot of good channels. I do watch them everydays. There's a pack of payed channels too, called NTV+. I can't find the keys...if you can help me, i do appreciate that...
SeliveR

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
seliver said:
There's a pack of payed channels too, called NTV+. I can't find the keys.

No surprise as the keys have not been broken yet. :)

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Nice thought CH. Trouble is the trees are along the side of the park behind my bungalow. A petition was got up last year by the owners of the houses behind the trees to get the council to trim them down as their gardens do not get any sunlight. No go I am afraid.
The offending tree, as far as I am concerned, is the last on the right on my attached picture. As I mentioned before, 53 east is viewable during late fall and winter and early spring.
Personally not a great loss to me, the trees were there before me and will be there when I am long gone.
parky

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hiya JohnC

Russia Today is FTA at present on Sirius 5east.
parky.

seliver

Satellites.co.uk Member
Reaction score
Website
seliver.110mb.com
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Receiver : Neotion Box 1000s-501
Computer : Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 2; Pentium 4 3.01GHz 1gb RAM
My Location
Penafiel, Portugal
Rob said:
No surprise as the keys have not been broken yet. :)

Why that??Are they wery strong ore something?? Viaccess has been broken already...i think
SeliveR

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
On Hotbird 13 east RTVi International, Detski Mir, Nashe Kino, Telekub, and RTVi M as are NTV Mir, and ORT on Sirius 5 east are all encrypted with Conax, Viaccess 2.5 and Viaccess 2.6.

At the moment none of these are broken, BUT if I'm wrong please PM the codes or where to find them, as I would be very grateful. :)