MM and echostar d2500

sat_freak

Reaction score
great work all of u

i m thinking of investing in a MM....with penta 1.11

i hav an Echostar D2500-IP receiver
i believe that MM n Echostar dont mix very well..pls advise what should i do

I m only interested in 19.2E n 13.0E coz i dont hav a motorised dish, at the moment i hav got an aston1.03 with a *hobby* goldwafer.
If i get the MM do i have to get a new programmer with a new card too?
Also to keep my MM goin in top-shape do i have to invest in some more equipment, for example to upgrade/modify the firmware in the CAM itself...PS: i dont have a laptop!
Finally, i have this useless Irdeto CAM (P/N 901275) can anyone pls advise me as to how to make the best use of it!!!

thanx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Sat_freak,

You don't say which programmer you have at the moment, but with regard to cards you will need a funcard, therefor also a programmer which can cope with them, the Elvis is always a good solid and flexible choice, there are some cheaper fun only option as well.

Does the Echostar have the Echonav software Sat Freak? If it does, then I believe that you may be able to upgrade to software which will treat the 901275 as an allcam.

sat_freak

Reaction score
thanx a bunch rolf....

the programmer is a millenium i guess (they come with so many names) n i think it cant handle fun-cards.....thats not a problem though...i can get a new elvis or sumthing....

the main issue is putting that irdeto CAM to beneficial use

my echostar is like factory new.....i havent altered or tinkered with it at all as regards to software.....pls tell me about this Echonav thing.....can i do it to my receiver and how to etc...

regards

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Your receiver will either have the Echonav software, or it won't sat_freak, you can't load it if it doesn't work with it. See here http://echonav.users.btopenworld.com/ also your receiver's handbook should tell you whether it has Echonav.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
The 2500 has been around a while and is no longer listed on the Echostar website. I doubt that it has Echonav software. It was superceded by the 2600 which does have Echonav software. An MM will work in it ok for the two sats you want to access and you wil be able to pick up whatever is available for a 6 in 1 funcard on 19.2E or Hotbird. The incompatibility of the MM only occurs on some channels on 1 Degree West which won't bother you for now.

Best of luck

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that info Jimbo, don't know much about Echostars, so Sat_freak could possibly sell his Irdeto CAM to somone with a compatible Echonav receiver and that will partly fund his magic module purchase. May even give him enough for a DiseqC motor. :)

sat_freak

Reaction score
thanks rolf and jimbo

i m sure that my receiver doesnt hav echonav and probably it cant be upgraded to it either

is it true that this irdeto 901275 can be flashed into some other CAM?

finally, wen buying the MM what points shud i look for....dont wanna end up buying a dud

thanx mates

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Apparently the Irdeto EuroCAM can be flashed, but only by removing the chip, there is a post regarding this in the CAMs and decoders forum. I would discount this as a DIY job though, taking the case off is difficult enough without damaging it.

Have a read through the last crop of posts regarding the current problems with the MM and it should tell you to go for a genuine model.