MM beginner

S

smeftahi

Hello

I have done research and I am comfortable with using MM+ programer. What I am unsure about is once the MM is ready to use after loading software ....does this mean I am ready to view all channels listed in previous threads or do i still need to find HEXs and load them to fun card ?

I have strong 4350 and can use either win200, or XP.

Any tips in regards to above and also wich MM version I should get and the Penta thingy as well ( I told u I am new to this !! )

Many thanks in anticipation

Modest

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
after you have programed yer mm you need hex's to your fun card and away you go:D now the version of pcrypt hmmmm i was having freezing probs with pcrypt 1.09 using my hummy 5300 so i put pcrypt 1.08 on it and its fine now try here for your 6 in 1 hex files http://www.phillsfiles.com

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Smeftahi,

Agree with bazzatips's recommendation.

For your Strong I would try to get hold of MM v.1.01, if you got a chance. This module has almost no probs with 4375 and also clears Kiosk at 1W with Penta 1.11. :D

I would load the most recent Penta, as above and see how it goes.

Good luck!

S

smeftahi

Many thanks bazzatips & Nickolai for your comments.

Is there a programmer u would recommend , all what I am after is 19 deg dutch canal plus anything more would be a bonus.

How often would I need to update HEXs ( on average ) and is it true for conax viasat I dont need hexs ot am I stupidely wrong.

Thanks

Smeftahi

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi m8
You dont need hex file for conax as the conax keys are part of the penta software....so as long as any card is in the magic cam it should work fine...even if the card is old.
Best programmer has to be the Elvis as far as im concerned...very easy to use :D

Lee

bazzatips

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
your hex's should last quite a while but it all depends what channels your viewing eg. v*sat ti*ket and via dig*tal p*lco change nearly every day,as for your mm use pcrypt 1.11 and its true you do get co*ax when your card is in the cam,i was unaware of this so thanks to lee32uk for that now i can view 1 west without a long lead from mi comp to mi hummy,get your dish motorised there's lots to get with yer mm not just whats on astra,as for the programmer i use vx4 fun very easy to use

S

smeftahi

Hello people

With all this time bomb talks in the MM, and since I am only interested in the Danish channels. Am I better off getting just a conax cam and a plain funcard. Would this still open the channels..even if not all of them.

Cheers

smeftahi

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Smeftahi,

my understanding is that one can not use the Conax CAM with any smart card (except, obviuosly, the official Telenor one) to open Thor channels.
A season interface and a computer beside your receiver that would have to boot into Linux (I hear the Windows soft is also available, not sure which Windows OS) are required.

From my POV this is a big disadvantage.

The equivalent alternatives to the MM are an Irdeto ALLCAM 4.7SE (rare now, could try it on eBay) or Joker CAM which is a new products. Try Conax and CAMs forums fore more info.

Hope this helps your decision process. :)