Mondeal 9000 Gold channel Unscrambling

philgatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC- AMD Athlon XP2800+, 2.08 Ghz, 128MB of RAM.
Satellites- Sky+, also Medion 3000 Gold pointed at Hotbird
My Location
Isle of Man, UK
Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me.
We bought this receiver in October, and once it was connected (pointed at Hotbird), apart from the FTA channels, we were picking up a few 'scrambled' channels, such as TPS and Multivision.

This week we had to move stuff around to decorate the living room, and for some reason the receiver lost all memory and had no channels in the list.

I did a channel search, but while all channels were back in the system, we can only now watch the FTA channels, and none of the 'scrambled' ones. Can anyone please suggest anything on how we might be able to start watching the above mentioned channels again?

Thanks in advance.

starisat

Reaction score
hi m8 what you need the software update to see tps and multi m8 and need to rescan the chanells after upgrade

creoulo

Reaction score
philgatt said:
Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me.
We bought this receiver in October, and once it was connected (pointed at Hotbird), apart from the FTA channels, we were picking up a few 'scrambled' channels, such as TPS and Multivision.

This week we had to move stuff around to decorate the living room, and for some reason the receiver lost all memory and had no channels in the list.

I did a channel search, but while all channels were back in the system, we can only now watch the FTA channels, and none of the 'scrambled' ones. Can anyone please suggest anything on how we might be able to start watching the above mentioned channels again?

Thanks in advance.

contact "creoulo" in Skype

philgatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Isle of Man, UK
Since then I bought an rs232 cable, and downloaded software from the mondeal website. Seems like receiver was upgraded, yet channels are still scrambled. I also try to upgrade receiver by downloading softcam keys, and although all seems to go as explained, channels remain blocked. Now that the Premiership has started, I'm getting desperate to watch some Live football games that aren't shown on Sky. Please help...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you use software from the manufacturers website then its no surprise it wont open scrambled channels. You need to find a site that had modified software.
Note that things have changed greatly in the last 3 months or so and many of the pay services formerly compromised are now locked out again.

philgatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Isle of Man, UK
Thanks very much for such information, I had started to think that I might need a cam after all rather than just upgrading the receiver. Maybe it's still easier to buy a cam or a cheap receiver that comes with cam, as I think it might be easier to unscramble channels using a card.

I downloaded some softcam keys this morning, and while transferring them to receiver, it seemed like it was working, yet channels are still scrambled. I suppose I'll have to live in hope...but thanks very much for answering.

Phil Gatt.

philgatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Isle of Man, UK
Right, here we go again, I need some help guys. Before I go on trying to install new softcam keys into the receiver, is it after all possible to do so, or does it have to be a receiver with a card so channels can be unscrambled? If so, is it possible to install a CAM into this particular kind of receiver? Which CAM would be best for it? (I would prefer watching TPS, Multivision).

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'd like to sort this out and watch some Premiership football on a Saturday afternoon. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'd really appreciate some advice.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sigh TPS / MV are changing keys every 30 minutes or so. *Some* s/w updates are carrrying several days worth of keys in them, but once TPS reach the end of the cycle it goes black again. This applies to both receiver flashes and cam updates.

A very few receivers are auto updating, but they need a permanet update to the internet.

If you want guaranteed saturday afternoon football get yourself an ART Sports subscription.

philgatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Isle of Man, UK
Thanks for being so patient, I was actually looking at ART Sports subscriptions earlier on, but to do that I'd have to spend quite a bit of money to start afresh, so most probably I'll have to leave it for now and stick to Gillette Soccer Saturday.

Thanks again for your help and information.

creoulo

Reaction score
check this site for Mondeal , other receiver get updates faster... even so are about 15 channels in Hispasat you can still see with this box ( MGM, Canal 18, Panda, Odisey and more...and change language fron Spanish to English.