Mono block lnb on a sky dish.

mbrandish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ hd, Packard Bell desktop,toshiba laptop and built in freeview on tv and old nockia stb.
My Location
gtr manchester
Hi is it possible to fit a mono block lnb opn a sky dish or even a single lnb so i get either 13.east or 19. east and get good reception. thanks in advance.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Zone 2 dish, yes - in principle.

But your intentions are not entirely clear ............

ie If you are using the Sky dish for 28E and intend to carry on doing so, then a Monoblock would only be of value for getting 23.5E with a standard 6 degree device (I know the Satellite separation is less, but it does work). To get 13E or 19E would require a multi-LNB bracket and possible realignment away from 28E (but using an offset LNB to carry on receiving it).

If you are proposing to realign the dish - or have a spare dish - then a 6 degree Monoblock on a Zone 2 dish will work for 13E and 19E.

There have been a couple of Threads in the past few months about using a Zone 2 Sky Dish for offset reception, so have a gander around the archives.

PS: You can get Monoblocks with fixed spacing other than 6 degrees (eg 3, or 4.5 degrees) and you can get one adjustable up to 12 degrees.

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands

Attachments

• minidish.jpg
    minidish.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 160

mbrandish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ hd, Packard Bell desktop,toshiba laptop and built in freeview on tv and old nockia stb.
My Location
gtr manchester
Hi thanks i want carry on receiving sky my sky dish is attached by a bracket on a pole i could put another bracket on the pole and put another dish for the mono block.Could i not put a single lnb next to the sky lnb and receive hotbird.