Mono block LNB setup

F

fab123

I live in London, I have 72 cm dish with a single universal LNB pointing to 13 dec hotbird. The receiver is DiSEqC 1.1 Galaxis IQG Matrix S. I may be able to upgrade the firmware for the receiver not sure. I like to receive 19.2 dec Astra and 5 dec Sirus as well the Hotbird

First of all is it possible to receive these three from satellite from a single dish. If 3 sat is not a good idea with a single dish, I will stick with Astra 19.2/Hotbird setup.

(1) For 2 satellite setup, is it good idea to use mono block or two LNB’s in a holder with a switch ?
(2) If 3 satellite setup is possible, I’m not sure what will be best configuration. May be 3 LNS’s and holder?
(3) And how difficult to set these up.

Advice will be really appreciated

Thanks
Rav

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Yes, you can receive from 3 (or even more) sats using a single dish. Some designs of dish allow this better than others. Search for example for info on the "toroidal" dishes now available (has been discussed on this board).

2old

M

mac2008

I would have thought that a 72cm dish was too small to receive SIRIUS in London. I live in Northern England at for reliable reception it takes a 1.5M dish

FRAZER

Reaction score
Sirius 2 (inc. SVT Europa) I believe, requires a much smaller dish than Sirius 3 (Viasat), though the different footprint charts do suggest anything between 1 and 1.5 metres is needed to receive Viasat in Eastern England. They have been linked elsewhere in this forum but I don't know if any reliable conclusions can be drawn from them, as they vary so much- maybe anecdotal evidence is the best guide?