Mono LNB

moyhim

Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60838&item=5775532666&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
i have a 80cm dish

first off, is that a Ku-Band LNB, i dont know what it means or if any significance, but thats what my current one is, i think, as it says it in progdvb/mytheatre.

Second thing-= How do i put it on ?

The dish is currently pointing 13e do i leave it there shove first arm of lnb on? and second one is to the left i think. or do i point it to 19 and do vice versa? or do i point to 16 and move the big metal arm and try and centralise them?

Should be fine with ss2 right? has diseq1.0 doesn't it?

TIA
Moy

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
moyhim said:
Thinking of purchasing this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60838&item=5775532666&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
i have a 80cm dish

first off, is that a Ku-Band LNB, i dont know what it means or if any significance, but thats what my current one is, i think, as it says it in progdvb/mytheatre.

Second thing-= How do i put it on ?

The dish is currently pointing 13e do i leave it there shove first arm of lnb on? and second one is to the left i think. or do i point it to 19 and do vice versa? or do i point to 16 and move the big metal arm and try and centralise them?

Should be fine with ss2 right? has diseq1.0 doesn't it?

TIA
Moy

It is a Universal Ku-Band Monobloc and so would be suitable. I believe you align the rightmost LNB for 13E after fitting it to the collar and the left one should then need only a little alignment for 19.2E, however I have never installed a dish or LNB in my life! Just posting here to say yes it is Ku-Band and yes certainly suitable for a SS2 as they can do DiSECQ switching - have a 4/1 switch operating my own 3 LNBs excellently myself :D

Make sure you also have a dish size of at 80cm or so - I believe it won't work reliably with a much bigger dish (>90cm).