logan_sd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Reciever: Nokia 9650 s
Dish: 1.2m
Lnb: lemon monobloc
My Location
Ireland
How its going im new here, I've being reading the previous threads and still can't find a solution to my problem

I can't pick up astra 19e
I have a

- 1.2 metre dish
- nokia 9650 s reciever
- a new lemon monobloc lnb

I have the right side of the monobloc (when facing the dish) mounted to the arm of the dish and the left side sightly higher. I can only pick up hotbird 13e but Im am picking it up on the left hand side of the monobloc, i know its supposed to be on the right but i just can't get it.

In the reciever I have hotbird set up as antenna 1 and astra set up as antenna 2.

Does anybody body know what Im doing wrong or is it my reciever?

Any help would be great!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
logan_sd said:
How its going im new here, I've being reading the previous threads and still can't find a solution to my problem

I can't pick up astra 19e
I have a

- 1.2 metre dish
- nokia 9650 s reciever
- a new lemon monobloc lnb

I have the right side of the monobloc (when facing the dish) mounted to the arm of the dish and the left side sightly higher. I can only pick up hotbird 13e but Im am picking it up on the left hand side of the monobloc, i know its supposed to be on the right but i just can't get it.

In the reciever I have hotbird set up as antenna 1 and astra set up as antenna 2.

Does anybody body know what Im doing wrong or is it my reciever?

Any help would be great!

Sounds like you need to adjust your setup, Hotbird should be on the right as you say and Astra1 on the left with the Astra side higher than Hotbird. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
An example:

The LNBs are arranged as Astra2 - Astra1 - Hotbird...

logan_sd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I've spent hours moving the dish back and forth with no joy. Its was working 2 weeks ago but now I've got a slightly bigger dish and a new monobloc and i just cant get astra. Could it be the reciever?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
logan_sd said:
I've spent hours moving the dish back and forth with no joy. Its was working 2 weeks ago but now I've got a slightly bigger dish and a new monobloc and i just cant get astra. Could it be the reciever?

Maybe you need to set the box to look at Diseqc "A" or "B" (or "1"/"2" depending on the reciever, I've not played about with a Monobloc myself) then align hotbird onto the side in the clamp, then rotate the LNB until you find Astra on the left... :)

logan_sd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I have the Diseqc set up on the reciever but i will give the rotating a go, cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are getting Hotbird on the Westerly LNB, then the dish needs moving across to the East and down a bit. What selections do you have for the satellites in their respective diseqC menus?

PS. These monobloc LNBs are designed for optimum use on 60 - 90cm dishes, you may find that with a 1.2m dish the focus of the outer LNB is off and an offset bracket with two separate LNBs would be better.

logan_sd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I have:
-antenna 1 hotbird (diseqC1)
-antenna 2 astra(diseqC2)

When putting up the new lnb i forgot to disconnect the reciever would this have caused any problems??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so if you cover the Western most LNB, the signal disappears and it is the one you have designated as LNB 1, then you need to switch the setting around, so that Hotbird is number 2 and then realign the dish

logan_sd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
should hotbird be

diseqC2 on antenna 1
or
diseqC2 on antenna 2

does that make a difference?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hotbird should be on the Easterly most LNB, so if DiseqC 2 accesses that LNB, that is what it should be set to.

The diseqC switch in the monobloc has a set address for each side, you have to find out which one is which, so if you select diseqC 1 and the Westerly most LNB is receiving a signal (if you cover the LNB and the signal stops, then that's the LNB you are receiving from), then that is diseqC 1.