monoblock on Skystar2

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest/Lidl SL65 Receiver. Sky analogue mesh 60cm dish.
My Location
London, UK
Hello

I've installed a nice monoblock on my old Sky analogue dish and can receive Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E on my Lidl special receiver. Works a treat. Have tried to setup disqc on my Skystar2 card for this, but cannot get it to work. I get Hotbird, but not Astra. I've tried the Simple (2 port) and Discq (1 or 2) and configured the 2 LNB's from a pulldown list. Still can't get Astra this way.

Any ideas?

:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try four way with A and B.

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Tried that again, but not a thing. Hotbird is fine, but Astra niet. All well on my receiver box, not SS2. :(

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Getting very, very odd now. I've been playing and I can get a few channels on Astra 19.2. I've tried swapping the monoblock around but still the same. On my Lidl receiver I can receive Astra Vision 2 at 91%. On Progdvb I cannot get it at all, despite being able to receive a small number of channels. Very odd indeed.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you take a screen shot of your satellite setup panel?

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Hi,

Not sure which bit that is...

It's a Lemon Monoblock, which is diseqc 1.2, and the Skystar 2 which is 1.1. Maybe that's the problem?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Which software are you using for the PC card, it will have an LNB/satellite setup panel and you can take a screen capture of the settings.

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Hi,

I've been trying DVB Viewer, ProgDVB and Alt DVB. Tried Hotbird and Astra 19.2 on all the possible LNB settings.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Going to move this thread the PC card systems section, as you need the attention of members with these cards.

ch3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Thank you. I will post some screenshots tomorrow, although the settings change a lot! I've put the monoblock back on my Lidl receiver and it's getting Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E again very clearly. Hmm!

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
Hi, not sure if this will help. I too have a lidl receiver and skystar2. The cable from the dish runs in to the LNB in on the Lidl box and then, from the LNB out runs to the PC. Sometimes I get no readings on the PC and if I switch the Lidl box off (unplug completely) the readings appear. On other occasions I have nothing then plug the lidl box in and the readings appear on progDVB. Don't quite understand how this works but one of the ways always does. May not be entirely relevant but thought it might help.