monoblock stangeness

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Hello all

I have aligned my dish to 13E, and the signal is about 75% - all well and good,

BUT - the other LNB on the monoblock isn't picking up 19.2E, it is picking up 26E (also at about 75%). No signal worth talking about at 19.2E.

I have it in the collar correctly, but the only other place there is any sort of signal from is 26E. I thought monblocks were for around 6 degrees, but this is around 13 degrees.

This is probably due to my stupidity, but it seems very strange. This ever happen to anyone else?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Arabsat is at 26 East , are you trying to get this and astra 1 ?

A6 degree separation will only be achieved with the correct size dish, usually 70 or 80 cm

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
I am trying to get 13E and 19.2E. My dish is a Raven Gemini 90cm. Could I alter things to get these two (instead of Arabsat) by altering the length of of the arm which the LNB is on the end of?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
No.you'll be away from the focal point of the dish.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
OK. Is there any way to get 13E and 19.2E from the monoblock?

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Ooops! sorry about the multiple posts. I don't think I have explained myself very well. My monoblock presently gets 13E and 26E (!), but I want to get 13E and 19.2E. Is there any way to do this?

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
forgot to say...

(and this will probably turn out to be crucial info as well!)

when aligning the dish first, in order to get any signal at all, I had to remove one of the bolts from the LNB arm. This means that the LNB end of the arm is lower than it would otherwise be.

For some reason with both bolts in the LNB end of the arm is too high to get any signal. Can't figure any of this out

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
here are photos which will hopefully make it clearer

The first one 001 shows the LNB arm at the angle it is supposed to be (2 bolts attaching it to dish) - but no signal

002 shows the arm attached by one bolt - the LNB end of the arm is much lower, get a signal this way.

Could it be the LNB arm which is making me get 26E instead od 19.2E? Any advice?

Jonny