Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Hello
I have a Mvision FCIS 9080 receiver and a 90cm dish with 3deg monoblock aimed at 13e and 16e. I have problems switching between channels on the two satellites.
As per the manual, I select Diseqc Switch on the receiver and assign Port A as 13e and Port B as 16e. The receiver then pulls in all channels from 13e but finds nothing from 16e.
To get around this, I have manually entered the transponders I want from 16e, selecting Port B as the Diseqc option and it finds and stores the 16e channels with no problem.
My problem is that the receiver won't switch between channels from the two satellites. So I can watch all the 16e channels but it says no signal on the 13e channels. To get it to switch to 13e channels, I have to add a channel from 13e in the "channel search" menu where I can select Port A as the Diseqc option.
As you may imagine this is a bit cumbersome and means I have to keep adding channels to switch between the two satellites!
The monoblock is a Inverto Pro if that helps. Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've used that LNB using DiSEqC 1.0 A and B switching and it works fine normally.

Try factory resetting your receiver and trying again, also try using four way switching mode and using just the first two ports.

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
Thanks for the advice.
The receiver gives the options: Diseqc Switch, Diseqc 1.2 or USALS. When I select the Switch option it comes up with four ports and I have assigned A and B. That's the method that doesn't seem to be working.
The Diseqc 1.2 option seems to be asking about a motor.
I have to say I am less than impressed in general by this receiver. I will probably get another one in due course.
In this case, is the receiver or the Monoblock the likeliest to be at fault?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not really sure, most receiver have a two way switch option, are sure it isn't in the same list as the four way options?

If it isn't try 1 and 3, or 1 and 4.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thinking laterally (as I've never come across an actual real problem with assigning and switching Monoblock Ports), could the answer lie elsewhere?

What operational parameters have you selected to tell the Receiver that the Monoblock is essentially two Universal LNBs? Have you set it to something like Universal, Universal 1, Universal 9750/10600 ? Have you set it correctly for both Satellites? (Some Receivers apply the setting "globally" and some require customisation for each Satellite).