Monterey (any1 remember How to)

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Just fitted a monty 20 at home Dish Position OK (good signal strengh
8 max on my meter).tuned into tv ok,not gettin any pictures.Must b a fault on LNB/ type or something 2 do with a decoder.When tuneing a channel static clears to a dark grey screen(this i presume is a channel i save go to view (DIDDLEY)I have Farged about with the settings that much my heads spinning.It has a Twister box gummed to the top of reciver 3 feeds to box and 2 to the LNB.Now the 2 at the lnb go to a twister(mag poloriser)now what 2 set this up in the monty
is a prob,and what freq.Was working when purchaced so unlikly Knackered,But it was connected to a d2mac decoder and was wondering if this could b a prob,as no longer connected.any help would b great(if onlt 2 stop the kids extracting the urine)for buying it in the first place. Suicidely DAVE

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Bloody Hell, it's so long since I fiddled with the Monterey 40, I can't remember the settings, but I seem to remember that there is a source/decoder option that needs changing.

Rolf

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I have just tried that 1 (put in no ext source ) (still the same)just another thing does this reciver have 2 have a ext decoder and if so is this my prob ROLF

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If its the REALLY OLD Moterey 20 then it has a loop in the back for 70MHz filtering, this must be in place for signals to come though

It would have to be removed by the last owner for it to fit in the box neatly. If its there then carry out a MAJOR reset using the front panel buttons (power on when pressing the first and third buttons from the left) then set the LNB local oscillator

Does it have original software or some dodgy after market stuff in it?

I told you it would be a nightmare