(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Just enter the correct post code for your area in your FreeSat receiver to get ITV-1 HD for your region if it is available,

ITV is set to launch three new regions in HD on Sky and Freesat at the end of March, though Freeview and Virgin Media users will need to wait a while longer.
On 31st March 2016, technical changes will take place on satellite allowing ITV to launch HD variants of ITV Anglia (East), ITV Yorkshire (West) and ITV Tyne Tees.

ITV HD – Astra 2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
About time the BBC got their act together on this issue, too.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Agreed. There's absolutely no technical reason that we in the NW area could not have an HD version of our local 6:30 programme as they use the same studio and equipment that's used for Breakfast programme.

Further, due to their policy of platform neutrality, I'm sure that our terrestrial version of BBC1 HD is deliberately hobbled to the London version because there isn't a satellite version.

Fisty McB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See my signature...
My Location
County Tyrone, N. Ireland
Do the English regions of both the BBC & ITV put out any local programming other than news and adverts (for ITV) these days?

I suspect that ITV will be interested in rolling out additional HD simulcasts in respective regions as HD penetration increases and that they will want less viewers viewing the "wrong" HD region on Freesat & Sky for selling advert time - no such motivation for the BBC though.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I suspect the motivations are slightly different for the Beeb and ITV.

ITV is interested, as you say, in regionalisation for the advertising. They do have local news at 6:00pm (I think - I never watch it) but I don't think there are any other local programmes. Willing to be proved wrong though.

The BBC have a similar regional news programme at 6:30pm and shorter regional news inserts after the lunchtime news and 10:00pm news. There is also a 30 minute programme called Inside Out which is specific to each region. I can't think of anything else.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, we in Y&NE get local BBC stuff about Sheepdogs and Whippets, whilst in NE they get haute-cuisine features about Black Pudding and Tripe.