My Satellite Setup
Sammy DSR 9500VA
80cm Channelmaster mesh
My Location
Nottingham
digiguy said:
Oh and many happy returns for the 30th

Thanks mate.

Should have checked you equiptment list before replying. Though you were a bit more noob than that. Sorry, mate ;-)

(...sitting waiting for via 2.5 to be broken....)

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
This is not a Russian channel but on Hotbird at 11034V, 27500,3/4, FTA, is Euronews.
You can change the language to French/German/Italian/Portugeese/Spanish/ or RUSSIAN.
All you have to do is change the Audio PID to 936.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
digiguy said:
The only channels I have found are those on Sirius and Amos2 and the Russian channels on Hotbird. Shame there's no way of watching the RTV package.
Is there any way to get RTR ,OPT and NTV from Sirius.

Yes there is a way of getting the Russian channels from Hotbird and Sirius, but will they be of any use to you.
The Ukrainian language and the Russian language share many things but they are not the same. Better to check first with your girlfriend that she will be able to understand the Russian channels.
For example my Russian wife has a lot of trouble understanding Ukrainian.

Mind you I think you have more than enough Ukrainian channels already.
Hope she has a nice time in UK.

:-Welcome1 from Rob

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Thanks Rob,

My gf is fluent in Russian, she likes to watch a russia soap Karmalita (your wife would prob know it) So no probs with Russian channels. I am Be nice if I could understand Ukrainian. Soon time to teach her how to use the satellite system.

Cheers!

Reaction score
I live just outside Oxford and with a 65cm (stationary) dish and Tonna SD2000 satellite receiver can receive RTR-Planeta from Hotbird without any problems. However, when I did the scan for channels on Hotbird I only got RTR and not ORT international like i can get up north (derbyshire). I tried to input the values for ORT (12597 V tp94 etc) but when the tuning screen came up it said that the signal level was 64% but quality was 0%. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi dude, We are watching this channel now, so it is there and FTA.
Your dish is small but even so it should pick it up. Have you tried entering the PID's for ORT. Vpid 167, Apid 108, and Pcr 167.
Try that and see how it goes.

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi there
As Rob said you should get it no problem, if Robs suggestion fails, it might be worth checking the f connectors and cable inc the LNB connection. If you are feeling brave, try peaking the dish.

Which side of Oxford do you live? I hear that anywhere past cowley ORT has been jammed :p

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
When you say 'Jammed' - by whom and how ? also which side of Oxford is affected ?
I only ask because .....

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Sorry I was only having a joke. (Although it is possible to Jam sat signals in to a certain area) But thats another thread lol.

The RussianDude. Can I ask a silly question. When you tried to watch ORT, was it raining ? If the dish is not peaked, rain will attenuate the signal and you will lose signal. Sometimes this wil only affect some frequencies

Reaction score
Correction:my dish is actually 60cm one made from transparent plastic. yeah we have been trying to set the whole thing up over the weekendand in the past few days so the weather left a lot to be desired. I've got the VPID, APID and PCR values but when i did put them in it didn't help just a black screen came up without even the channel name.i think the key is that while signal level is fine the quality is 0%, which is most likely the key. I live in wheatley, outside oxford if anyone knows that area. Any ideas how to improve reception? i think that'll solve the problem. Thanks for any help

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The only way to improve reception is really to change the dish. Some small increase in signal can be made by peaking, keeping the rain off, twisting the LNB in the holder and maybe a change of LNB, but even a 75cm dish will give you a far better chance in the British weather.

Buy a dish that fits on the existing pole/brackets and it will save you lots of hassle (from the wife)

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi.

Any chance you can get somone to watch the screen while you tweek the dish? You should get something from your dish. But as Channel Hopper says, you really need a larger dish. I know Wheatley as I live near Aylesbury :p I used to cut thru on the way to Oxford. Let us know how you get on

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
@ dude, Just wondered if you can receive any other channels from this transponder ie: BBC World, Euronews, or Sport Planeta.

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi Lacelot,

Sorry about the joke. Are you not getting a signal from ORT aswell?

Going back to the jamming. In some countrys where they don't want their citizens to view other channels, or is there is a dislike from one country to another, the sat signals can be jammed.
This happened some years ago with a kurdish channel, it was jammed by another country. Resulting in bad pics and whistling on the audio. Easy to do with the correct kit.. just uplink on the same transponder and put a "spike" thru the frequency. Thsi would stop anyone viewing. If areas where they want localised jamming, the "jamming" centre trasmit VERY high levels of magetic interference so only a local areas is blocked. However this is very dangerous, its yet to be seen how many of the technicians develope RF radiation illnesses. There was a good artical about this is in a magazine some months ago.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Anyone know why on ORT International (Sirius 12380H 27500 & Hotbird) which is a main Russian channel and the programmes are all in Russian, why are the adverts in Ukrainian ?

:-HB

gargleb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sammy DSR 9500VA
80cm Channelmaster mesh
My Location
Nottingham
Rob said:
Anyone know why on ORT International (Sirius 12380H 27500 & Hotbird) which is a main Russian channel and the programmes are all in Russian, why are the adverts in Ukrainian ?

:-HB

An awfull lot of Ukrainians speak Russina or are of Russian decent, especialy in the East of the country. The channel is aimed at them rather than Russians in Russia who have more appropriate Sat TV servcies.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks for that gargleb, makes sense and keeps the wife happy. :-cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive just been looking at AM22. 11044V 29800 3/4 is a really strong signal here on a battered 80cm dish that has seen better days. Added the 2 tp's I can get to the digital site :)