Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Perviy Kanal is broadcast on numerous satellites so it could have come off any one of them.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Welcome Muktar,

Can you please give us an idea as to what satellites you can receive.
For example I'm picking up satellites from 42 east through to 30 west.

If we know what satellites you can actually receive, we should be able to work out which Russian channels you can receive.:)

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all

Is it really possible to get good reception from AM22 on a 80cm dish? I live near Oxford and would like to give my gf as many Ukrainian and Russian channels as possible. If I can get away with an 80cm, what make should I go for? I have a redundant TD88. I'm just concerned about haveing lots of dishes in the garden lol. Is it possible to put somthing infront of the LNB arm? Just leaving the dish face exposed?

I have been asking if anyone has had good results with Sirius and Astra on one dish ( not sure what size I need) If anyone here has done it please post back.

Cheers. :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi digiguy, I live the other side of London to you and I get ExpressAM22 (53 east) with a mere 70cm dish and a strong signal.:)

iceburn

Reaction score
muktar said:
Hi Analoguesat,

I just dont want to believe that. Cause there was a time when a friend's motorised system got hooked on Pervyi kanal. Its just that it was quite some time now and the guy has since dismantled his set. I will try and if successfull, I would feed you back.

You said this was some time ago. Maybe it was at a time when nearly everything was on analogue, at that time it was much easier to pick up distance sat than it is now on digital. Also at the time maybe that channel was using a local sat as a feed. But the other ppl here are more qualified to give a reason for that. I myself do not know nothing about sat, just do whatever keep wifey happen, just finally got the cable fix and got the LNB change so no more faulty system when rain comes. But it seem to get Express AM 2 need to put up a second dish at the front/side of the house :-(

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all.

Does anyone know the situation about the Ukranian channels moving from Sirius to Amos 2? Channel 5 was on Amos 2 then moved to Sirius:confused

I want to give my GF her channels on a dedicated receiver without having to move the 1.2m dish. I have a spare 88cm dish, but it's a shame it's too small for Sirius/Amos2 :(

Are those who receive AM22 still getting it with a 70cm dish? I'll be planting a dish in the front garden (aslong as I can disguise it-- need your help and pics!!) The house blocks anything beyond 40e :(

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Bit late with this as I have only just seen your post but will still try.
You say you have a spare 88cm dish which will be perfect for the Ukrainian channels on Sirius even a 70cm will get them, or better still use the 88cm for 53 east and use a smaller one for Sirius.

I was able to get the Ukrainian channels on Express AM22 (53e) with a 70cm dish but it was very near the limit.
I now have a 90cm dish and am able to get the channels from 11.044V with a 66% signal quality and excellent picture, but I have problems getting the channels on 11.096V as it means I have to alter the dish settings which in turn effects the channels on Hispasat at 30 west. As there seems to be only two channels on this transponder I'm not going to miss a lot.

If you are going to have a dish for 53 east only, that will not be a problem for you, but use at least a 88cm dish.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I am using a 90cm prime focus dish on Amos (4W) and was able to scan and receive KRT (10.743H).
Now I am able to receive the channels from 10.722H, like K1, K2, OTV etc, even though the signal quality is very low (39%), when the sky is clear.

I do have a problem with this sat as there is a tree in the way and I'm hoping that I should be able to get a stronger signal when the leaves fall later in the year.

My question is can other member's receive these channels and if so with what dish size and signal quality.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A couple of new frequencies, but the main package at 11044 V has recently changed symbol rate to 44950/1, possibly meaning a change to MPEG4 (HD?) in the near future.

Surprisingly (its not mentioned on Lyngsat), Samara 1 still has some signal on 10980 H (s/r 5000 fec 3/4).

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Have come across these two Russian news channels on Hotbird.
First one is "Vesti" which I believe is the Russian for news, at 11034V, 27500.

The second one is "RBC-TV" which is a business news channel, but the wife still finds it interesting.
It's at 12520V, 27500.

Both these channels have strong signals, and are FTA. :)