More than one FTA card, same address?

zigmund

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Can I get more than one FTA card from the BBC if I have more than one box? Anyone done this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I don't know anyone who has more than one card, but I can see no reason why you can't apply for more and I'm sure that there are loads of households with multiple cards..

Rolf

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
No Problem,just phone them,ask for a ftv (bbc) card,answer their questions,dont mention the previous card unless they ask,(they wont),I know for a fact an address that has 4 cards......and after that call the address Flat A,and so on.........Brian

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If you use 1471 b4 you dial they will not get your phone number,and even if they ask,you can refuse,its your civil right!!!But the fact is the ftv card service is operated by British Telecom,so they will know your number anyway,The post code will be the same,but,just change one letter at the end,the next leter in sequence,and the postman wont even notice the difference!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Jun-02 AT 09:36 PM (GMT)]4 is the ‘official’ maximum, but people have been known to get more than that NQA or indeed struggle to get three. It seems their records are hhmm, ‘inconsistent’.

However as it has been said house no.42 can easily become 42a and another 4 cards appear.

One thing, how many cancelled Sky cards are you ‘allowed’ at one address then?

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
No problem, just say you are setting up a system for all channels.

BBC1 BBC2 ITV CH4 CH5 BBC4 Cbbebies Cbbc. This gives you 8 cards!

zansi

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4.2M static dish and 3M motorized dish
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Hi everyone
read the previous posts with interest I am shortly moving abroad and want to set up a system using three or four receivers so far I have purchased two secondhand units at a very resonable price but want to obtain FTA (BBC) cards. Can any one help with a telephone number ?.
Thanks in advance Grandad

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Grandad

The telephone number you require is 0870 243 8000. Best of luck.

Jimbo

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Thanks a bunch Jimbo
haven't had time to phone them yet, but I will as soon as.
best regards Grandad

macco

Reaction score
i got a second fta card the other day ,i just said i was in a bad reception area,card arrived two days later,hope that helps.....

grandad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Cyprus
Hi everyone
I did eventual get round to phoning ( many thanks Jimbo for their number ) found them most helpful, the card arrived in two days. I did not realize that the cards are machine specific. I told the woman that I spoke to, that I eventually wanted four cards to contruct a system. She said that this would not be a problem, but that I would need to fax them details of the receivers.
I wont be in a position to do this for a couple of months, but I will post the outcome, as and when, in case it should be of assistance to anyone.
All the best Grandad:)