Most usefull addon?

RedDevil_UK

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,761
Likes
34
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
#1
just wondered what addon you guys swear by, and why?
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#2
RedDevil_UK said:
just wondered what addon you guys swear by, and why?
Spent a lot of time swearing 'at' my DreamBox when I first got it!

As for add ons does that could the EMUs as they are a must?
 

zanders

Regular Member
Messages
150
Likes
0
My Location
Hampshire, UK
#4
My Fav addons are a TV,Scart cable and Network cable which allows me to maximise my pornographics needs.

Purely for recreational use you understand.

Sorry for the stupid response.

I have not really found anything worth adding yet as the stability of the Dreambox is paramount - more bits make it more unstable.
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,697
Likes
1,285
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#5
Haven't really added anything I'm afraid, just working on the basic image. :)
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#6
rolfw said:
Haven't really added anything I'm afraid, just working on the basic image. :)
All the experts seem to stick with the basic image and add only the minimum things they to get it working.

Hopefully, one day, I will do the same - until then I look up to you all...
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#7
I'm going for a USB stick and multiboot soon, then I can have my super-cut-down reliable image, and also play with the latest 'fat' images as well.

Never lose sight of the primary function of the box!

If it's reliable and gets you a picture, then it's working properly.

My primary objective every week is to chase down somewhere to watch the next Chelsea match. My second objective is to learn something new about the Dreambox.

Was an expensive week this week. Had to buy a new dish to get Sport TV on 30W for the Champs League game on Wednesday! Only bought my Freeview box to watch CL on ITV2.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#8
BGonaSTICK said:
I'm going for a USB stick and multiboot soon, then I can have my super-cut-down reliable image, and also play with the latest 'fat' images as well.

Never lose sight of the primary function of the box!

If it's reliable and gets you a picture, then it's working properly.

My primary objective every week is to chase down somewhere to watch the next Chelsea match. My second objective is to learn something new about the Dreambox.

Was an expensive week this week. Had to buy a new dish to get Sport TV on 30W for the Champs League game on Wednesday! Only bought my Freeview box to watch CL on ITV2.
What a slip up on Sat. 30w seems to show a lot of Chelsea matches. Always got it so far on 1w, fingers crossed for this season.
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#9
Yeah, sloppy - but you can't win them all. First goal was bad defending on the corner, but I thought the second was hard to criticise. Nasty shot through the crowd, and right in the corner. Anyway, sorry diverting the thread (again!).
 

joe publik

Regular Member
Messages
47
Likes
0
#10
Best Addon I use is Satellites XML. Although it would be nice if it only updated, rather than overwrite, sometime I just want to update one satellite at a time ... Nothing else takes my fancy, I think I have tried them all and most are pointless IMHO: Chess, EPguide, etc. The wireless is dead handy, when I can be bothered to switch my AP1200 on.

I wish I could code in C++ and write an Addon. I want a feed scanner. Like a radio scanner but for feeds; it would auto-zap thru feed freq's until it found a live feed and then pause. You could send it scanning again, by hitting a key, or another key would ignore that feed until it went quiet etc. Who can code a plugin like this? I will pay!

Sad, but like so many things, true ....

Now. Multiboot from HD with FlashWizard Pro should be on all DB7K's. It roxorz.

>:-)
 
Messages
2
Likes
0
#11
john_graydon said:
What a slip up on Sat. 30w seems to show a lot of Chelsea matches....
Sport TV is Portuguese... like Mourinho (chelsea coatch) and other 3 chelsea players... thats the reason for sport tv show so many chelsea games im 30W
 
Top